Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors?

Quote Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
    Dunno.. he lists an addy here.. 2009 kubota B3030 HSDC AC 4X4 Mower Loader CAB Buy and Sell

3483 Kallaher Ave, Memphis, Tennessee, United States
    People see that and cut and paste, Mostly its some Woman selling cause of Divorce.
    Murph ------------

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Default Re: Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors?

I know.. see my edited post.. I clicked before google maps came up.. Pretty funny when you drive up to the real addy

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

Midniteoyl,
    I checked out that tractor back in April. I lived in Memphis at the time and did the google maps and knew that the address given and the pictures of the tractor did not match up. That was the first clue.
    I emailed the contact and got an email that said all I had to do was give my contact information so someone could contact me to set up a Google Wallet transaction and that when set up the tractor would be shipped free, I would have 15 days to check it out, and if I didn't like it I could ship it back free of charge. Clues two, three, and four. Meanwhile, someone has my money.
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, County Line Middlebuster, Home built pine needle rake.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    IF the only contact is an email address, It could be a scam.
    After the ridiculously low price, what Xfaxman notes is always my second clue that it's a bogus ad. I bet I flag 5 to 10 per week.
    As far as those who email to ask if an item I have is still for sale, sometimes I just delete it and don't answer. If I'm aggravated enough, I'll reply and question their reading comprehension skills or worse!
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

Here's another one. $10k tractor for how much???
    -cheap-tractor-jpg
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, County Line Middlebuster, Home built pine needle rake.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Wow.. great price! Think I'll pick that up..

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135, Bobcat ct230, Wheel Horse collection.

I live in Central New York. In June I sold a small tractor to a fellow in Kansas, sight unseen. He responded to my Craiglsist ad but suspected a scam.

The buyer, at his expense, used my attorney to act as the escrow agent for the transaction. (The buyer also did a background check on my attorney). The purchase price was sent to my attorney and when the tractor arrived in Kansas, via UShip, my attorney called and said to come pick-up my money.

This worked out well for me.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldziffel View Post
    I live in Central New York. In June I sold a small tractor to a fellow in Kansas, sight unseen. He responded to my Craiglsist ad but suspected a scam.

The buyer, at his expense, used my attorney to act as the escrow agent for the transaction. (The buyer also did a background check on my attorney). The purchase price was sent to my attorney and when the tractor arrived in Kansas, via UShip, my attorney called and said to come pick-up my money.

This worked out well for me.
    LOL.. That doesnt sound like a scam at all

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs

I figure con artists must run those ads to snare people who just came into some money and are having an exceptionally stupid day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123