eBay/Craigslist Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors?

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #1  

Herkypilot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 HDC12, KX040 & L3540 HST
Here's a few examples:
2520 2008 Tractor Deere 200CX John Compact
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grq/4103707356.html
$4253 for a 2007 M7040 :eek::p
Update: Both are already flagged for removal.

These are ridiculous examples of scammers attempting to take advantage of the uninitiated. They will usually be "out of state" with a sob story and how they need to make a quick sale and ship you the tractor (yeah right). I only conduct face-to-face purchases and sales on Craigslist, cash only.

Last edited:
   / Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #2  
Tons of them posted here...you can usually tell by the pics....obvious screen captures.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #3  
Tons of them posted here...you can usually tell by the pics....obvious screen captures.

I cant see the ad any more to know exactly what the pictures looked like but it's not hard to right click and save someone else's photo or print screen and crop and there is no difference other than the person posting them.
You can tell from the add, price, and first time contacting the 'seller' by using some common sense.

They even post them on ebay, i've reported listings where they have a picture in there with something like " email johnabc123@gmail.com first one with 4000 gets it" ebay leaves it up.
ebay is not so good at removing what is obviously a fraud.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #4  
I flag everyone of the ads I see that are suspicious.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #5  
yes i seen some this morning.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #6  
Here's a local ad. I've reported this one several times, but they keep letting it get reposted. If it seems like too good a deal it probably is.
$10,850 for a loaded 2009 Kubota B3030. I actually inquired about this tractor and the reply was that the tractor is in Nebraska, not Memphis, and they wanted to use Google Wallet to arrange the deal. Google Wallet does not allow high dollar deals like car, truck, boat, or TRACTOR transactions.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #7  
IF the only contact is an email address, It could be a scam.

If you copy the title, or part of the title, then google it, and it shows up all over the country, you know it is a scam.

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #8  
Haven't been looking for tractors on Craigslist recently, but when I have looked, the scams are there! Pretty obvious when you look. As others said, if you can't physically meet/see the tractor and owner, good chance its a scam!

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #9  
If it has a big bold email addy to respond to - DONT! Obvious scam..

/ Anybody else notice an uptick in scams posted on Craigslist for tractors? #10  
Ive noticed that too, what are they after or are they stolen tractors?