Comparison Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60 #1  

payupjb

Tractor
JD x320
On fence for purchase of zt HD 60 or next level up pro turn 60, 1k difference. Anyone know or had much experience with either, i know the pro turn 60 is kinda new model, thanks

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60 #2  
On fence for purchase of zt HD 60 or next level up pro turn 60, 1k difference. Anyone know or had much experience with either, i know the pro turn 60 is kinda new model, thanks

It depends on your usage. If it is for your personal yard and not used as a business or multiple yards get the ZT HD. The pro turn 60 will do nothing the ZT HD can't. Same motor same deck same speed, same quality cut. Hydros are a step up. Ride will be a bit better than the ZT HD. That being said the biggest step up is in appearance, not performance. Was not worth the price in my opinion.

Your actual next step up in performance would be the be the Pro Turn 148, 152 or 160 series. I had the ZT HD for a year, tested the Pro Turn 60 and purchased the Pro Turn 152 after testing it. The new X-factor II deck on the 100 series is a great improvement.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my ZT HD! I thought it would be my last mower until I started cutting my mothers, daughters and mother-in-laws yards. So I struck a deal with the wife to upgrade. If not for the additional yards I would still have my ZT HD.

Last edited:
   / Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60 #3  
Love my pro turn 72. I am guessing an air ride seat is one difference....and they are sweet.

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60 #4  
Minner, you can purchase the same seat from Northern Tools. The gravely and X mark seats are made by Michigan. If I recall I paid 299.00 which is hundreds cheaper than what Gravely and X mark want for this same upgrade. It is a direct replacement. Just remove the old seat install the new one and plug in the seat switch harness. Best upgrade I made to the ZT HD, and worth every penny.

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60
Thanks for your feedback, went with hd 60, seems to be all i need and not as bumby as i thought it would be! need to get used to controls, slide all over in wet grass trying out, lol. Good advice on replacement seat if i ever need one.

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60 #6  
Congrats on the purchase, you'll be very happy with it. When I got my first ZT HD the dealer told me to drop the front & rear tire pressure to 14 psi. Made the ride even better. If you ever figure out how to drive it while drinking a cold drink I'll pay you to train me.

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60
Wow, first mow on 4 acres went from 4+hrs to under 2 ! For home use, I can't see needing anything more. Used Scags , etc before, but for this niche of a mower I don't think it can be beat. $4800 b4 tax ! Cold drink ended up a little foamy, but first time. What really surprised was mowed almost entire time full speed except the 60 deg ditch I got too close too, thank god for four wheelers and tow ropes!

/ Gravely pro turn 60 vs HD 60 #8  
Wow, first mow on 4 acres went from 4+hrs to under 2 ! For home use, I can't see needing anything more. Used Scags , etc before, but for this niche of a mower I don't think it can be beat. $4800 b4 tax ! Cold drink ended up a little foamy, but first time. What really surprised was mowed almost entire time full speed except the 60 deg ditch I got too close too, thank god for four wheelers and tow ropes!

:thumbsup: