Pole Saw

/ Pole Saw #1  

BroBro

Tractor
John Deere 3203
I am looking to buy a new Pole Saw anyone have any recommendation's or favorites. Give me the Good--- Bad --- and Ugly.
Thank's

/ Pole Saw #2  
Stihl makes a nice one but big bucks.Don't waste you money on a Poulan..............

/ Pole Saw #3  
I just can't see spending 500$ for a darn saw like that, Rent is the best deal to me.:2cents:

/ Pole Saw #4  
Unless you are a professional, consider purchasing the Stihl Kombi. A pole saw is something that is rarely used, maybe a couple of times a year. With the Kombi additional attachments are available. Also some have told me Homelite, Craftsman attachments will work with the Kombi. I personally have not confirmed this.

/ Pole Saw #5  
I got a Stihl about 6 years ago. It will reach 16'. Pretty sweet, and no problems with it so far. It does get kinda' heavy extended all the way out though. About 20 minutes worth of cutting, and I'm ready for a break.

I also got the angled head, which if I remember correctly is at a 35º angle. Thought it would save getting pinched on bigger limbs. Never used it yet though...

Yeah, it was pricey, but I bought it to use here, and only here. Definitely not to lend out. So if I take care of it, it should last me a lifetime.

/ Pole Saw #6  
I just broke down and got the Stihl kombi system with the pole saw and extension rod. Have about 12' reach, but can add another extension rod if needed. I used it yesterday for first time....worked great. got to those pesky branches that kept striking the cab on my tractor. I have LOTS to trim up over the next few years.

I have been using a manual pole saw for quite a few years....off to the dump with that piece of crap.

The new saw made trimming the branches a piece of cake...no more back breaking sawing. Im very happy with the purchase so far. Like they said, there kinda heavy, but once you find that sweet break over point its no too bad at all.

/ Pole Saw #7  
I like the Florian pole saw works well for me and is light too. I can reach about 18' high with it, cuts fast and is a manual saw, starts cutting every time.

/ Pole Saw #8  
I just bought 30 foot pole saw from ATSS (http://www.americantreeservicesupply.com/pole-saw) and works great. I finally can to those very high branches on the willow trees and remove a lot hanging/broken branches on the trees that around my trails. It might be manual and takes a little longer, but the saw blade cuts through the branches like butter.

/ Pole Saw #10  
I bought the Ryobi pole saw figuring that when it breaks I'll buy the Stihl. That was ten years ago, it's still going strong. I use it as much as I do my standard 14" Echo and I use that one a lot. I keep a mile long road clear of overhanging oak tree limbs. You might try it, save a lot of money if it will do the job, like it does for me.