Is Kubota B7500 the workhorse for 11 acres?

/ Is Kubota B7500 the workhorse for 11 acres? #21  
I was in the same postion a while back. I had several acres that needed to be cleared and a lot of other work that I wanted to do. I bought a BX 2200. It was a good tractor, but small for what I needed to do. I later upgraded to a B7800. One of the best things I ever did. For clearing the 2200 was too low to the ground and also did have enough lift with the FEL. Many rocks I want to move it wouldnt lift. Also it didn't have the digging force that I needed. I don't know how much bigger the B7500 is than the BX2200, but the increase in FEL was worth the money to me. I would spend the extra money and go with the B2710,2910 or 7800.

/ Is Kubota B7500 the workhorse for 11 acres? #22  
I can't comment on the model of tractor since I own yellow but I do have a comment on HSD. I owned an older and slightly lower powered model Cub without HSD and traded up not too long ago to an HSD model. I spent two weekends hauling manure from a horse farm to my place (it’s on a former coal strip mine and I need the manure to help reclaim and revitalize the property). I would load up my truck with the other guy’s Kubota and then transport it to my property and dump it. The Kubota had HSD. Now I did about 70 loads over that time frame so I put a lot of time on the Kubota going back and forth from the manure pile to the truck, etc. The HSD made the job so easy, I felt that I could put a brush on the FEL and paint a picture with it. I would not have enjoyed that task with the manual shift Cub. As soon as I could rationalize it and convince Momma, I traded up. I haven’t regretted the choice one iota.

If you are doing a lot of straight work such as plowing or mowing, perhaps you won’t miss HSD as much. IMO, for close quarters or a lot of back and forth stuff, it’s great.

Also, the other guy's Kubota didn't have power steering. That wasn't much fun for close in work with a full FEL /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Is Kubota B7500 the workhorse for 11 acres? #23  
That lack of power steering sure builds character doesn't it!!!

Egon

/ Is Kubota B7500 the workhorse for 11 acres? #24  
Hello Pat,

I settled on a B7800. I liked the B7500, and really, really thought it would do the job. But in the end, it came down to the extra horse power and more importantly the clearance.
We have close to 11 acres with about 3 1/2 cleared. For 2 horses. I am in the process of clearing another 1/4 for a run about area. It is heavily wooded and in a few days, I'll post some pictures for you.

Our B7800 pulls the 6' Woods Brushhog and a 6' Woods York Rake.

If your ever in the woods, or need to mow around stuff like I do, then HST is the *only* way to go. IMHO.

As others have said, you can never have too much tractor.

Good luck on your choice.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Is Kubota B7500 the workhorse for 11 acres? #25  
lack of PS also builds tired , aching old arms and muscles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif