Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case Farmall IH 60

Default Re: Aged Inventory

It might help with brand, HP, add-ons (FEL, attachments, implements, trailer), and list in 2009. For an example I received ~30% discount after a kick-back from the manufacturer on a package including an FEL and bucket.

Tractor
    JD 755

Its a 2009 Bobcat CT445 with FEL and they are asking 18,800. Its quite a ways for me to go take a look at so I won't complete the deal until I've completed negotiations. I understand that Bobcat is getting out of the business so I will wind up with a white Kioti that I may never be able to sell, but I figure if I get a decade or more of service from it I would be happy. I think I've worked my way through the pros and cons and it should fulfill my foreseeable needs.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

I would offer about $15,000 and might go to $16,000 maximum if it looked real good.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40

You want the 2nd Remote plus plough light and loaded tires. All new fluids and filters and make sure to look at all the soft stuff like seat accordion and covers.
    Murph

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case Farmall IH 60

FWIW, look at the used prices on the very same model. I might add a small premium to the used pricing as this has no true hours. Make the offer, in writing, as a cash deal (or already have your financing lined up and ready to go) with the dealership taking care of any items which might have gone bad from sitting (not too likely but you never know). I would do a very good look a the fuel lines and have them replaced if there is ANY signs of cracking. Drive the unit and put the FEL under load before accepting. Make sure there are NO leaks. Turn the unit off with the FEL and 3pt under a bit of load and see if they leak or if the units drop. Do not leave them under load for extended periods of time...

Kioti is average quality. If you are not working it like a dog (400-1000+ hour a year) it should last you more than a decade and it will retain some value. Parts should remain available as a Kioti.

IF I am not mistaken, the FEL will also take all of the Bobcat connections for skidsteers! This is a plus for you and increases the useability of the unit.

Sorry, just did a quick (VERY quick) market research and I would think $17-18K would be a good price for a complete CT445 with FEL and two rear remotes. Double check against a new LS for pricing. That is just me!

Verify my information above independently. I am not an expert and only farm as a hobby.
    Last edited by High Brook Hills; 10-11-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: note about pricing

Gold Member

In addition to the almost zero hours, he will be getting full warranty That has to be worth a decent premium over the same aged with hours and no warranty. How does warranty work for machine no longer in production? Will he have to work with original dealer who he say's is far away? Can't take to Kioti place for warranty work. Definitely get new battery,

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by High Brook Hills View Post
    Kioti is average quality. If you are not working it like a dog (400-1000+ hour a year) it should last you more than a decade and it will retain some value. Parts should remain available as a Kioti.
    Not to get defensive simply because I own a Kioti, but I'm curious what makes you an expert in this area. My experience with Kioti is it's built more solid than most of the competition and is better equipped at a competitive price. The company has been around since the 40's and selling tractors in North America since the 80's. My decision when buying my previous tractor came down to a Farmall 35 or Kioti CK30 (or a L series kubota), I chose the Kioti for price, features and specs. I have compared my current DK45 (the same tractor the OP is considering, only orange) to my friends Farmall 50 (or 55?). It has more features, is bigger and seems more rugged. I'm not bashing your Case, I'm pointing out some of us look at the same machines differently. I fail to see how you know the Kioti won't work as hard or last as long.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230 and a "wide track" Mahindra 2516

I think the dealer's asking price is in the ballpark. Anything more you may gain through negotiating is gravy.

Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab

I think the guy that said 15/16 was inline, for that price I'd consider it.
    I wouldn't pay 18+ for a rig that's been sitting outside for four years.
    To me it would be worth a couple thousand to have a new "fresh'' unweathered machine, I'm picky though.
    Also I think that unit has the floor with the hump in the middle, vs the current Kioti DK flat floor.
    Also the pics that I've seen of that year CT445 didn't have quick attach buckets on them.

Just some things I noticed taking a quick look on the web and you tube.

Good luck
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab, Loaded R4s, KL401 Loader with reversible cutting edge, KB2485 Backhoe with Mechanical Thumb, Everything Attachments 7 foot Deluxe 6 way Value Scrape Blade, Tirechains.com Duo Combo Ladder Rear Chains (If I ever need them)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230 and a "wide track" Mahindra 2516

I have not checked tractor prices in this size range in several years.

grm61 suggests that a "fresh" 45hp tractor could be had for $20,000 or so. What tractor brands are in that $20,000 price range with the Bobcat's horsepower and features?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast