Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab

Default Re: Aged Inventory

Kioti DK 40/45, I think pricing varies somewhat by locatio,n this thread 19,800 to 23000.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...k40se-hst.html
    LS tractors are priced close as well.

Everything will be going up soon.
    2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab, Loaded R4s, KL401 Loader with reversible cutting edge, KB2485 Backhoe with Mechanical Thumb, Everything Attachments 7 foot Deluxe 6 way Value Scrape Blade, Tirechains.com Duo Combo Ladder Rear Chains (If I ever need them)

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case Farmall IH 60

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Not to get defensive simply because I own a Kioti, but I'm curious what makes you an expert in this area. My experience with Kioti is it's built more solid than most of the competition and is better equipped at a competitive price. The company has been around since the 40's and selling tractors in North America since the 80's. My decision when buying my previous tractor came down to a Farmall 35 or Kioti CK30 (or a L series kubota), I chose the Kioti for price, features and specs. I have compared my current DK45 (the same tractor the OP is considering, only orange) to my friends Farmall 50 (or 55?). It has more features, is bigger and seems more rugged. I'm not bashing your Case, I'm pointing out some of us look at the same machines differently. I fail to see how you know the Kioti won't work as hard or last as long.
    Did not think I was "bashing" Kioti. I stated it should last him more than a decade and was of average quality. Do you think Kioti, or Case Farmall for that matter, rises to Kubota levels of quality? In both our instances we went with a tractor that fit our needs and requirements and was within a price range we were confortable with. I was attempting to reassure the OP that the Bobcat/Kioti would be a viable alternative for more than a decade down the road. I just cannot understand how stating something is average is a bad thing.

How many hours a year is your unit seeing? We would have rather had an HST but the 12/12 is working just fine for our farmwork and the Farmall 60 is working harder than my buddies 5305. I only fault our unit on stability on hilly terrain. I just feel too tippy for my taste when comparing to a MF180 on the same farm.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by High Brook Hills View Post
    Did not think I was "bashing" Kioti. I stated it should last him more than a decade and was of average quality. Do you think Kioti, or Case Farmall for that matter, rises to kubota levels of quality? In both our instances we went with a tractor that fit our needs and requirements and was within a price range we were confortable with. I was attempting to reassure the OP that the Bobcat/Kioti would be a viable alternative for more than a decade down the road. I just cannot understand how stating something is average is a bad thing.

How many hours a year is your unit seeing? We would have rather had an HST but the 12/12 is working just fine for our farmwork and the Farmall 60 is working harder than my buddies 5305. I only fault our unit on stability on hilly terrain. I just feel too tippy for my taste when comparing to a MF180 on the same farm.
    Average is not a compliment, it's a slap, maybe not in reality, but as a description of something. I don't look at the comment in terms of average, one brand vs another, I look at it as an overall quality statement and average means there's much room for improvement. Do I think Kioti rises to Kubota levels of quality? Obviously I do or I would have bought a Kubota. I think Kioti far exceeds Kubota's level of quality in many areas. I rarely pass up the chance to sit on a tractor, especially if I haven't had a chance to see that model before. I've shopped Kubota and I've sat on a bunch of models I would never have an interest in buying, just for the sake of doing it. Some are nice, some shocked me for other reasons and quality didn't seem any better than the other colours.

It's almost criminal how few hrs my tractor sees in a year, but regardless of high hrs or low hrs I don't see one brand having a huge advantage over another. My first tractor was a JD 955 and I bought it with 1800 hrs after a golf course beat the **** out of it for 20 yrs. I sold it after a little more than 100 hrs, it just took to much tinker time to keep it going. After a bearing popped out the rear differential, I was done. I'm not saying JD is junk or they won't work as hard or last as long. Any machine that is properly maintained and not abused will work hard and last a long time.

Your statements make it sounds like you have some experience with the Bobcat/Kioti (Daedong) brands. Is this from owing and operating them, test driving them or have you even sat on one? My comments were to question how you came to your assessment that these are just average quality machines.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Average is not a compliment, it's a slap, maybe not in reality, but as a description of something. I don't look at the comment in terms of average, one brand vs another, I look at it as an overall quality statement and average means there's much room for improvement. Do I think Kioti rises to kubota levels of quality? Obviously I do or I would have bought a Kubota. I think Kioti far exceeds Kubota's level of quality in many areas. I rarely pass up the chance to sit on a tractor, especially if I haven't had a chance to see that model before. I've shopped Kubota and I've sat on a bunch of models I would never have an interest in buying, just for the sake of doing it. Some are nice, some shocked me for other reasons and quality didn't seem any better than the other colours.

It's almost criminal how few hrs my tractor sees in a year, but regardless of high hrs or low hrs I don't see one brand having a huge advantage over another. My first tractor was a JD 955 and I bought it with 1800 hrs after a golf course beat the **** out of it for 20 yrs. I sold it after a little more than 100 hrs, it just took to much tinker time to keep it going. After a bearing popped out the rear differential, I was done. I'm not saying JD is junk or they won't work as hard or last as long. Any machine that is properly maintained and not abused will work hard and last a long time.

Your statements make it sounds like you have some experience with the Bobcat/Kioti (Daedong) brands. Is this from owing and operating them, test driving them or have you even sat on one? My comments were to question how you came to your assessment that these are just average quality machines.

Reminds me of the old radio show Lake Wobegone where all the children were above average.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case Farmall IH 60

Sat in and played on and talked with a person attempting to use one that broke down often. I have personal dislike of JD due to direct experience. I do not like tractors that have their hydraulic hoses running below the main frame work of the unit so they can be snagged. We all have our opinions, some are based on use (yours), and some are based on dialogue and point of view (mine).

From your previous posts I would state you bought the Kioti as the price point was better for what you conceived was a good quality tractor. So be it.

I still see no issue in calling something "average". There are better and there are worse tractors out there. You do seem to be missing the point of my statement that he should get good use out of the unit all things being equal. There is no need to spend tonnes of money on a unit that will see less than 100 hours a year of light duty use.

I have never seen (does not mean they are not out there, just means I have never seen) a Kioti with thousands of hours on the clock. I have seen many kubota's with that (and old MF/JD/Case/etc). Kiotis I have seen at auction with 1100 hours or so on the clock have been ridden hard and put up wet which could just be the user not the unit. I see Chinese units at auctions with just a few hundred hours on them and parts breaking and falling off.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Kioti is average quality. If you are not working it like a dog (400-1000+ hour a year) it should last you more than a decade and it will retain some value. Parts should remain available as a Kioti.

I just knew when I saw this statement that there would be more discussion on this!
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

I have 12 years and 1800+ problem free hours on my 2001 Kioti DK 35.
    No weak areas that I can see.
    Everything is nice and tight. Works and runs like new.
    I'm expecting decades and thousands of hours from this machine.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123