Buying Advice Aged Inventory

/ Aged Inventory #1  

erodriguez

Tractor
JD 755
Hi,
Started looking at tractors to work 50 acres of pasture. I found a dealer with a 2009 "aged inventory" tractor sold with full manufacturer warranty, the unit has 3 hours on the meter. My concern is with what would go wrong in a tractor sitting around doing nothing for 4 years, what should be checked and what should be replaced? I figure fuel tank should at least be inspected and maybe drained. What about fuel filter, oil, oil filter? What can go wrong with the hydraulic system from sitting around?

Thanks

/ Aged Inventory #2  
the tractor is fine.the dealer will put it in the shop an service it before delivery.if your that concerned about it talk to the dealer.

/ Aged Inventory #3  
Is it a pretty good deal?

/ Aged Inventory #4  
i dont know the tractor your looking at or the price of it.but i do know this they should make you a good price on it to get it off the lot.

/ Aged Inventory #5  
What kind is it? Make sure you get a New Battery.

/ Aged Inventory #7  
If it has been setting in the rain and sun for 4 years I'd want a very good deal! But I wouldn't worry about it being "aged"...

/ Aged Inventory #8  
I bought mine several years ago as aged inventory. Got a sweet hot deal, more tractor than I was hoping for at a price waaaay below subpar units. Years in and zero issues!!!! Why not go for it?

Fluid flushes and filter changes, new battery, check all the rubber for rot. There should be some money from the manufacturer for you taking this one!

/ Aged Inventory
Thanks for the advice. It didn't dawn on me that the battery could be a problem - though it probably wouldn't have taken long to find out :) Its a long haul to go back to that dealer for things like that so it's better to know ahead of time. It seems like a pretty good deal - a little less than 8k off an MSRP of $25k

/ Aged Inventory #10  
I hope that is a 2009 msrp price less the 8k. On a 25k tractor msrp I would expect a discount of about 18% on a "fresh" trractor which would be 20.5k Sounds as you getting an additional savings of 3.5k. Most tractors have gone up in price since 2009 too.