Price Check Kubota MX5100 HST

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #21  
I agree, nice to have two remotes, and 3 is best if you can swing it. I agonized over number of remotes because I was already beyond my "budget" for the tractor, so I went with 2. Now after year and a half with the tractor, it is clear that for me 3 would have been worth it. I could have just about paid for the 3rd remote (sort of) by spending even more money on a top and tilt instead of getting a cylinder for the tilt on my rear blade, and then come out ahead on the next implement that would use the tilt. But I didn't know what I didn't know...

Pretty much how I learned, got two rear remotes on our M8540 in 2010 thinking that would be plenty, when I bought the L5740 last year I went with three, of course I neglected to get any with float and didn't get third function either, live and learn.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #22  
1st set is a must, 2nd set is a luxury in that class tractor. float preferably on that 2nd set... a MX is definitely not a large acreage ag tractor, you cant even buy an OEM cab for it lol

It is what it is , a small utility tractor and a Kubota lol

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #23  
1st set is a must, 2nd set is a luxury in that class tractor. float preferably on that 2nd set... a MX is definitely not a large acreage ag tractor, you cant even buy an OEM cab for it lol

It is what it is , a small utility tractor and a Kubota lol

Cab? What's a cab?

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #24  
That price seems about inline with my local dealer. Alot of Kubota owners say the MX4700/MX5100 are the "sweet spot" in the Kubota line.

I agree on the remotes.... Try to negotiate a set or two. If you ever treat yourself to a grapple you'll need some kind of remote setup, and it's nearly always easier & cheaper to add them up front.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST
Im back. To answer a few questions, Yes I have looked at other brands. JD doesnt have anything I liked. Branson dealer is a jerk- told me I was a "hassle". I did like the Branson but wanted HST and cannot find a 4720HST. Kioti is nice but too far away. MF too pricey. So Im back to Kubota. The remotes I haven't thought about, didn't know if I would use them. I am getting a 3rd function for the FEL to operate a grapple, about $1000. And the FEL is QA. So MX5100 HST, FEL with QA, R4 tires loaded with water and antifreeze 26535.20 delivered + 3rd function. Sound good?

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #26  
Sounds like a good price for a MX5100.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST
TSO how do you like the LS? They look nice, havent priced one.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #29  
Im back. To answer a few questions, Yes I have looked at other brands. JD doesnt have anything I liked. Branson dealer is a jerk- told me I was a "hassle". I did like the Branson but wanted HST and cannot find a 4720HST. Kioti is nice but too far away. MF too pricey. So Im back to Kubota. The remotes I haven't thought about, didn't know if I would use them. I am getting a 3rd function for the FEL to operate a grapple, about $1000. And the FEL is QA. So MX5100 HST, FEL with QA, R4 tires loaded with water and antifreeze 26535.20 delivered + 3rd function. Sound good?

That's in line with the numbers we came up with a hypothetical MX-5100 in another thread recently....sounds like a fair price.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST
Thanks everyone, different line of thought. What kind of fuel consumption can I expect out of a tractor this size? I was looking at smaller tractors before and was seeing 1.5-2 gal an hour. Is this good? I assume the MX5100 would be more but how much? Anybody know?