Default Dirt Scoop

I am considering this
    King Kutter Reversible Dirt Scoop 30in., Model# DS-30 | Category 1 Scoops| Northern Tool + Equipment
    I will be moving alot of material in the front loader bucket and got an idea that this would also be a good idea. when loaded it would give the ballast i need and then load the front bucket.
    The dirt and stone needs to be tractored a good distance throught wooded area.
    I also have a hyd top link so that might help in the dumping process. I imagine a small chai or rope on the cylinder and to the dump handle then when I extend the top link ram it would pull the dump lever.(just a thought)
    One problem is it seems like it would be a one time use for me as I have a loader also but any info and opinions is very welomed. thanks

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: Dirt Scoop

I have one that I use on the BX but I don't have a FEL on it. Depending on the size of your tractor IDK if you will get enough weight in the scoop to serve as a proper ballast. It takes a good bit of force to get it to dump. If you pull on the trip and extend your toplink it may be enough for gravity to work it. I usually get off the tractor and dump it.

Mine is a Leinabch

Scoop Pan Scoop pan [# 30] : Leinbach Machinery, Implements and attachments for agriculture and landscaping

If you could find another bucket and make it work on the 3PH you could move more material but IDK if you could get enough angle out of your toplink to dump it.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

Default Re: Dirt Scoop

I had a 36" wide, cat 2 back in 2004. The hydraulic top link makes it work much better!
    Dirt Scoop-p7240526.jpg Dirt Scoop-p7240527.jpg Dirt Scoop-p7250533.jpg Dirt Scoop-p7250536.jpg

No FEL on the tractor.
    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader: Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler:
    V417 Versahander