Comparison 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #1  

seal oil

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 mahindra 3316 shuttle tlb
Is the B26 TLB much bigger and better than a B2920 TLB ? It is hard to judge by just looking at a picture . The B26 has 800 hrs and was a rental unit . The B2920 has 600 hrs .

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #2  
Size wise i think they are pretty similar, tne b26 may be on the b3030 frame, which is slightly larger. The b26 has a stronger loader, slightly bigger bh and mor 3 pt lift capacity. I can't remember if it has the mid pto, but didn't think it did. I also don't think the rops is foldable (its the more robust 4 post one with a top). You can find full specs on the kubota website that would tell you all the differences. Both should be great machines.
Kubota Tractor Corporation - Tractors | TLB Series | B26 Series
http://www.kubota.com/product/B2320/B2320.aspx

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #3  
Size wise they are the same. The B26 has a non-removable loader frame (well removable if you take out about 50 bolts) integrated with the back hoe subframe which is much stronger than the B xxxx models. It also has some undercarriage protection from brush and other objects that might get to your filters and hoses. The B26 is supposed to be an industrialized version of the B models and is much heavier than them. My B26 weighs 4001 pounds with backhoe attached. You have to remove the backhoe in order to attach the lift arms for the PTO. I am not sure if you have to do this with the B2930 or any of the other B models. There is no levers to lock out for back hoe use like on the B models. When you unhook the backhoe, which takes all of 5 minutes, you just unplug the quick disconnects (2) from the backhoe and reconnect the ones from the tractor to each other,ne is male and other is female so they mate back up so the supply oil now will circulate.
With 600 hours on the B2930 and 800 on the B26, if the same price, get the B26. Do the price check on Kubota website and you will see a vast difference in new prices on these two tractors. The B26 new lists for over $40K.

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #4  
Another point to consider: On the rental unit, check closely for excessive pin wear on the FEL and Backhoe. Those items might cost you a lot to replace if not properly cared for. Also check for leaks on the backhoe cylinders and hoses especially the swing cylinders which are buried in the frame work and very hard to see and super hard to replace as are just about all the cylinders on the boom. Operate it and check for slop in the cylinders, a small amount of movement can be expected but large movement shows excessive wear. The hydraulic valves on the Kubota tractors ALL leak down. Raise the tractor off the ground with the stabilizers and see how long it takes to leak down. Raise the boom, bucket and dipper on the backhoe and see if it leaks off. <Once raised, you can stop the engine on the tractor and just let it set. Also raise the FEL up and let it set to see if excessive leak down occurs.
You should do the same on the other tractor.
The only issue with the B26 rental is likely all the hours are on the backhoe whereas the B2930 likely was used very little for backhoe and lots of FEL ,3 point hitch and PTO work.

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #5  
Size wise they are the same. The B26 has a non-removable loader frame (well removable if you take out about 50 bolts) integrated with the back hoe subframe which is much stronger than the B xxxx models. It also has some undercarriage protection from brush and other objects that might get to your filters and hoses. The B26 is supposed to be an industrialized version of the B models and is much heavier than them. My B26 weighs 4001 pounds with backhoe attached. You have to remove the backhoe in order to attach the lift arms for the PTO. I am not sure if you have to do this with the B2930 or any of the other B models. There is no levers to lock out for back hoe use like on the B models. When you unhook the backhoe, which takes all of 5 minutes, you just unplug the quick disconnects (2) from the backhoe and reconnect the ones from the tractor to each other,ne is male and other is female so they mate back up so the supply oil now will circulate.
With 600 hours on the B2930 and 800 on the B26, if the same price, get the B26. Do the price check on Kubota website and you will see a vast difference in new prices on these two tractors. The B26 new lists for over $40K.

I can confirm the bh to 3pt procedure is the same on the b2x20's. takes about 5-10 minutes to make the switch

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #6  
The four post ROP could save your life some day. The canopy is also nice to keep the sun/rain from pounding down on you. I put a rear view mirror and a digital clock on my B21, hanging from the overhead bars. It's handy for work light placement as well.

/ 2011 kubota B2920 vs 2010 kubota B26 #7  
go with the b26 it is a true workhorse. I have a b26 and have been really happy with it. As for the weight of them mine is a little over 6,000lbs with foamed tires.