Buying Advice kubotabx25 or mahindra max22

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22 #1  

massbowtie

Tractor
13 Mahindra Max 25 TBL
Ok I know there not equals but this is what ive gotten down to wanting to buy. The Kubota bx 25 with loader and backhoe is 18,500 with 0 interest for 60 mos.
The Mahindra max22 with loader and backhoe 0 interest for 60 mos is 19,600.
With the kubota i can get 500 off another attachment which for me would be a back blade that is 588 so im paying 88.00 dollars for it. These prices are from New Hampshire dealers and both wont move on the price.
Im trying to decide which one,my thoughts are the Kubota has a good reputation for being reliable
and the Mahindra is rated for more capacity,has a longer warranty and the fact that it only runs about 2500 rpm for vs. the Kubota at 3200 rpm. I like both but really like the extra capacity and warranty of the Mahindra so im trying to justify what to buy.
As far as the prices,neither deal come even close to being 15% off dealer price,both dealers are very reptuable,there actually the same company in 2 seperate locations but with in an hour from me.parts availability seem to be close to equal so thats not a concern either way.
Im looking for opinions advice and anything that could help in my decision,especially from any dealers on heres thoughts.
Thank you in advance.
Mike

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22 #3  
I had to make the same decision recently and ended up buying a kubota b2620 from an out of state dealer for not too much more than the mahindra. For me, the max22 would have to of been considerably cheaper than the kubota and it wasnt.

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22 #4  
Many dealers I've talked to and heard about won't drop prices when you take advantage of the 0% offers. I don't think the warranty will be needed much, if at all on either unit. That is a fairly vast RPM difference between the two machines. If you have a barn to clean out or will be running it in tight spaces the noise difference will also likely be quite different due to the RPM differences. I also think with the difference in operating RPM, it would not take many years of fuel consumption to make up the cost difference. If you are going to be doing a lot of PTO work where the rated RPMs are needed, I'd likely go Mahindra. Adding the back blade at $88 does make it that much harder for increased capacity, fuel savings, and reduced noise to compete though. It definitely is a tough decision.

I think it does boil down to; If you need the extra capacity enough it is worth the extra money, go Mahindra. It will earn the money back in operations savings. If you don't need the extra capacity, save the "buy in" dollars and go Kubota. If the Kubota has capacity for your needs, spending the money on implements is the better investment. Both are great machines.

I think the key thing to consider beyond the capacity question is how much time will be spent running the machine at PTO RPMs for your given set of tasks.

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22 #5  
I've got a BX24 (2007). Essentially same as BX25.
I have never run it at 3200 rpm. Usually between 2600 to 3000 depending on what I'm doing... the higher rpm when snowblowing with my 3pt blower to get a higher impeller speed to throw wet snow better.
Does anybody regularly run their BX at 3200 rpm ?

Pete

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22 #6  
The Max 22 IMO is closer in size to the Kubota B2320.

I have a BX. It sips fuel, around .5 gal a hour depending on what you are doing. Out of the 2 I would go with the BX:D The BX is a very popular and reliable tractor. They hold their value extremely well.

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22
I went today to look at the Mahindra Max22 and ended up buying a Max25 hst. For what I need and want to be able to do, the capacity of the machine and final price I got made the most sense for me value wise( I plan on keeping it) Price was $19,500. To buy a Kubota with equal capacity would have been at least 3-4k more. I went with the 3.99% interest for 84 months. I hope to pay it off in 3-4 years so this made the most sense for me. I didnt get a free back blade but I did get them to throw in a free mechanical thumb that I`ll use right away. I apreciate the input of everyone. Ill post a picture once its delivered.
Mike

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22
Tractor.jpgwell here it is at home

/ kubotabx25 or mahindra max22 #10  
Congratulations!

When I first opened your picture, I thought you had duals on the back. :)