Should I trade my Kubota in?

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #11  
Cabs are worth every penny. To get a idea on pricing build the tractor just like you want it and take 15% off MSRP.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #12  
Keadog,

If you decide to upgrade to a different tractor, message me. I might be interested in purchasing it from you. Is your L4300 tractor 2 or 4 wheel drive?

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #13  
4. Would you go M or Grand L (I definitely want HST this time)?

IF you go with HST make sure you go with the biggest power available for that frame machine. I live in hill country and am NOT very happy with my new purchase! There is a huge difference in PTO power once you step up (I should say step DOWN) to an HST.

Biggest mistake of my life not counting the 72 Vega I bought new with the aluminum block that was a P O S also.

Fred

/ Should I trade my Kubota in?
Update:
1. I have driven both L5740 and L6060 with cabs. Getting a cab for sure. Not sure which model. Might still look at an M cab with shuttle shift, but not sure I need that much machine. The pricing for significantly more HP is quite attractive tho.
2. Keeping my L4300. Part of that decision was trade in value at two dealers (almost identical; they must use the same book ;) ), but a larger factor was when I realized that the bucket on the new Ls/Ms won't fit into the bed of my truck. My little 60" on the 4300 can go right up on the tailgate and I have used that many, many times. It's worth having just for that. Most of my woods work is finished, but it will be available if something comes up I don't want to drive the cab into.
3. Going with the Land Pride 90" grooming mower. Either tractor could run it and it'll fit right into the barn. I would have liked wider, but the price jump and the storage issues just made the extra width cost ineffective. Plus, I'm turning more pasture into crop land next year, so I'll have less to mow.
4. Getting R4 tires. Both dealers thought they would be adequate for my applications with less impact on the soil. Plus, I'll have the Ag tires on my 4300 for any areas the R4s can't handle (if any).
Kubota has extended 0/0 through the end of the year, so I'm still thinking...

Getting the L5740 cab with R4s, FEL, front hydraulics. Will add grapple and plow later. Keeping L4300 (see above). Didn't really like the bigger cab of the 6060. Also looked at a JD 4720 cab and it was "OK". The price was pretty good for 66HP and an air ride seat, but I liked the Kubota better overall.

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #16  
Getting the L5740 cab with R4s, FEL, front hydraulics. Will add grapple and plow later. Keeping L4300 (see above). Didn't really like the bigger cab of the 6060. Also looked at a JD 4720 cab and it was "OK". The price was pretty good for 66HP and an air ride seat, but I liked the Kubota better overall.

That sounds like a pretty smart combination that lets you cover a lot of uses. Open station for the woods, cab for the rest of the time, R4 on one and R1s on the other...lots of flexibility.

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #17  
Most likly you will be disappointed in the R4's I was going from A 2wd MF35 to a L5740 with R4 HAVE NEEDED 4WD while bushhogging. also needed it for any pushing or pulling operation. I would definetly have traded for r1 if I could have.

Most likly you will be disappointed in the R4's I was going from A 2wd MF35 to a L5740 with R4 HAVE NEEDED 4WD while bushhogging. also needed it for any pushing or pulling operation. I would definetly have traded for r1 if I could have.

It was a concern, but I'll be mowing about 10 acres around the house with a 90" grooming mower and wanted better flotation. It was an easier decision since I'm keeping the 4300 with R1s. I'll use the 4300 for any required rough cut mowing. Most of my food plots are on pretty level ground and I use a Cat 1 72" disc.

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #19  
Congratulations, if a person can at all afford it, it is ideal to have two tractors, we have R4 on our 5740 and R1 on the M8540 with a mixture similar to that on our other farm. I can't run an open station anymore, but they sure are handy.

/ Should I trade my Kubota in? #20  
L5740 is a nice tractor. Your options become more limited when you want a high-HP HST tractor ... Most stop around 50hp for HST.

Wanted to throw out another option for ya, in regards to mowing those large areas. Do a search for a pull behind REEL mower. You can add a few more gang reels to widen the cut, to pretty much as wide as you wanna go. It doesn't require PTO hookup, just a hitch. It operates by itself when you pull it around. And according to manufactures propaganda, reel mowers are better for your grass.

Not too expensive either, compared to large pto mowers anyhow.