New 5055E Cab

/ New 5055E Cab #1  

trook

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 5075E Cab
I looked at the new JD 5055E cab yesterday. The cab was nice and the air blew cold and REALLY hard....much harder than the Mahindra I tested last week. That would come in handy in the deep south heat and could easily justify a significant price difference.

The seat, however, was something else. The back sits up too straight and is not adjustable. I could see that causing problems after a few hours. To be honest, I am really considering buying the 5075E cab, but the seat may be a deal killer unless it can be changed to something with an adjustable back.

I have to tell you though, comparing the 5055E 3 cylinder to the larger 4 cylinder in the new 5085E is like night and day. There is absolutely no comparison in how much smoother and quieter the 5085E engine is. The 2.9 liter 3 cylinder on the 5045-5075 series really seems to vibrate a lot compared to the other models.

Also, it is amazing how much larger the frame is on the 5085E vs the 5075E frame. Just a 10hp difference, but probably a 2500 pound difference! Unfortunately, I imagine the price on the 5085E will run about $10k more as well. Hopefully, I am wrong. If so, I would give the 5085E a lot of consideration.

Has anyone else compared these two? Your thoughts?

/ New 5055E Cab #3  
I haven't looked at the tractors you referenced, but I sure am happy with my 2013 5083E. It's a hoss!

/ New 5055E Cab #4  
I just bought a new 5075E with the Power Reverser package - but it is an open station. The size difference between it and the 5085E really is notable...

336847d1379186456-new-john-deere-5075e-open-photo-3.jpg

My advice? If you're looking into the possibility of buying the 5085E cab, I would just try to find a 5083E cab sitting on some dealer's lot in your area. It will be cheaper, and it does not have the Tier IV emissions junk to deal with like the 5085E does. Not to mention, I think the size and look of the 5083E is a lot nicer.

If you're thinking about getting something heavier, look at a 5075M over a 5085E, IMO. A LOT more premium features on the M series, and they are heavier than the 5075 and below E series.

/ New 5055E Cab #5  
I just bought a new 5075E with the Power Reverser package - but it is an open station. The size difference between it and the 5085E really is notable...

View attachment 341687

My advice? If you're looking into the possibility of buying the 5085E cab, I would just try to find a 5083E cab sitting on some dealer's lot in your area. It will be cheaper, and it does not have the Tier IV emissions junk to deal with like the 5085E does. Not to mention, I think the size and look of the 5083E is a lot nicer.

If you're thinking about getting something heavier, look at a 5075M over a 5085E, IMO. A LOT more premium features on the M series, and they are heavier than the 5075 and below E series.

Econometrics, you read my mind. Currently running a 5093e and just now have 3 requests for quotes on a 5075e open station as a second tractor. Love my 5093, and don't have the Tier IV or price difference. How do you like the 5075e? Would you buy again? The tractor I spec'd has the power reverser as well, but two of the salesman suggest putting the tractor side of the loader package on, and switching the loader between the two tractors instead of getting a second 553 loader.

/ New 5055E Cab #6  
Econometrics, you read my mind. Currently running a 5093e and just now have 3 requests for quotes on a 5075e open station as a second tractor. Love my 5093, and don't have the Tier IV or price difference. How do you like the 5075e? Would you buy again? The tractor I spec'd has the power reverser as well, but two of the salesman suggest putting the tractor side of the loader package on, and switching the loader between the two tractors instead of getting a second 553 loader.

That's actually a pretty good idea right there. Why have two 553 loaders? I'm up for saving $6K with minimal inconvenience any day. As you know, it's so easy to take the 553 off and on quickly.

I love my 5075E. I think that it is the best value for a utility tractor out there now that JD has included the option for the PowerRev and ePTO.

I think my 5075 weighs in around 8K with the 553 and rear tires filled. Plenty of weight, and you won't find a tractor in the same class with that kind of heft (from the research I have done)

So to answer your question, yes, I would buy my 5075E again as an open station tractor. And that's really why I bought it. I'll get a cabbed tractor in the future when my needs are greater. Right now, open station is perfect for my needs. Down the road, I would love a 5083 or 5093 like you have!

PM me, though, if you have any more questions about the 5075E. I did extensive research on it and wrote two or three threads about it on here. Click on my username and you can see those threads.

/ New 5055E Cab #8  
Trook, did you get to buying anything yet?

/ New 5055E Cab #10  
No. I am will have to sell my 4320 first.

Dealer wouldn't give you a fair trade in on it?

I would think you could sell that machine pretty fast as it fits into a very nice niche.

Good luck!