Buying Advice Tractor for raw land development

/ Tractor for raw land development #11  
Rentals would be good, you could learn quickly what the machines can and can't do. Operator skill counts too, but it's not brain surgery. :D

When I said something like a Kubota BX TLB series, I meant that is probably the smallest machine I would consider useful in a typical lot development undertaking. I should have been clearer.

We really don't know much about your project details, construction type, sizes, terrain, pictures, etc. I am just giving you best guesses.

/ Tractor for raw land development #12  
There are good reasons that different sized/capacity machines are available. I wouldn't recommend a garden tractor to tame a forest or build a road and would not use a dozer to mow the lawn.

/ Tractor for raw land development #13  
Platz,

Here in Canada, prices are higher than you may read here on TBN. (must be our metric dollars) :laughing: Try setting yourself a budget, then go and look for the most tractor you can find for that amount.

Also, don't discount new from the dealer. 0% financing, free loader type incentives are sometimes very affordable.

Keep in mind, a tractor with implements will cost more than a "lawn tractor", but a lawn tractor will not accomplish the tasks you have mentioned in your first post.