Buying Advice New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #1  

Maxify55

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR3037HC / Mitsubishi MT372
I've never been blessed enough to buy a brand new tractor until now.

Without getting into brands of tractor and all that; I've been informed
by my salesperson that my tractor being the last one of it's kind in
this region has made the rounds to a couple of trade shows
around this three state region.

NOW, I'm skeptical. Just how many hours should I allow as acceptable?
On a car I would expect 10-15 miles on the odometer for driving onto
and off the rail car/transport trailer or around the dealership lot.

I've waited 2 weeks for the delivery of this CUT with lots of bells and
whistles and for what I paid from my budget I am afraid I'm going
to be asked to accept a machine with 40-50 hours on the meter.

What's accepted as normal, Guys?
I mean, given that it's expected to work for 4-5K hrs for me, I
I might be inclined to accept 20-30 hrs but what's normal ?

Max

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #2  
10 hours or less is normal. Anything after that is used in the CUT market.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #3  
I would think that about 3 hours would be the low side for a new tractor.... I would not worry so much about the hours, as to who put them on. A tractor driven by a bunch of novices is a lot different than if the dealer was just moving it around. I would not be real happy if it had a whole bunch more than five to ten.... and be looking for some kind of discount... as if it was a demo tractor.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #4  
40+ hours seem high to me.

Back in the day when I was tractor shopping, one JD dealer had several tractors that had just come off short-term leases and had 50 hours or less of use. I don't remember the discount, but it was not negligible.

Steve

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter
I would think that about 3 hours would be the low side for a new tractor.... I would not worry so much about the hours, as to who put them on. A tractor driven by a bunch of novices is a lot different than if the dealer was just moving it around. I would not be real happy if it had a whole bunch more than five to ten.... and be looking for some kind of discount... as if it was a demo tractor.

That's about what I thought. I'm quite sure it'll be higher than I'm going to like.
I sought financing through a different source than the dealer, such that I'll have a check in hand but no one to give it to if I'm not a happy camper.

Been around the block a couple of times but never down this block before.

Thanx ,

JerryK

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #6  
Does it "look" new, run like new? If it's got 50 hours on it, has the dealer done the first service on it? Oil, filter, hydraulic filter, etc. Is the dealer giving you a new tractor warranty? I understand some wanting as new as possible, so maybe I'm different, but if they've put some hours on it, they should have found any problems, if such even exist, so if the answers to the questions is "yes", then I wouldn't worry about it.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter
40+ hours seem high to me.

Back in the day when I was tractor shopping, one JD dealer had several tractors that had just come off short-term leases and had 50 hours or less of use. I don't remember the discount, but it was not negligible.

Steve

You see? That's the problem I've had with JD all along.
They won't compromise on their price. My response is to go down the road and spend my dollar elsewhere.
Their machines aren't the best on the block any longer.
Certainly not in the CUT market. I've heard and read some horror stories as to their 1, 2 & 3 series tractors.

Max

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #8  
What confuses me, is him telling you that it is "the last one of it's kind". The XR3037 is a brand new model. Maybe the last demonstrator left??

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #9  
Either way, after a week or two, you'll forget about how many hrs it has. You'll love it! I've got 176 on my R3039H and I can't wait to get on it each weekend!

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #10  
My tractor had 5 hours on it when I got it new, I would get nervous 10-15 hour range and up. At 50 hours you are talking your first service interval.