IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Looking at purchasing an '05 B2630 with no FEL. and 250 hours for $9800.

I will need a FEL. A new Kubota loader will run somewhere around $3500?

Is there another brand loader that I should consider?

Any drawbacks to buying a tractor without a loader and installing a new one?

And, is an '05 B2630 with a loader worth 13,500?

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #2  
I'd go to the Kubota web site and use their Build Your Kubota tool to figure out what a brand, spanking new B2620, with or without loader, would cost. Figure about a 12% discount. You may find it easier to purchase new with 0% financing. This information can also be very useful when making an offer on a used machine. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630
I am confused about the 12% discount? Are you suggesting that a Kubota dealer will discount a new tractor at 12% off the "build your own" total price found on their website?

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #4  
I paid $17,200 for a new B3300SU tractor/loader package in February 2012. Included HST transmission, LA504 Loader, two chain grab hooks on the bucket, quick release bucket (not SSQA), one rear hydraulic remote and R4 industrial tires. The B3300SU has a little more engine horsepower and is 400 pounds heavier. Sold has a HST equiped tractor + FEL package, it is cheaper than starting with a smaller tractor and adding everything standard on the B3300SU as options.

So to me, '05 B2630 for $13,500 is too high.

Does the '05 B2630 have the FEL loader valve already installed?

In terms of buying: We are in a strange period as tractors now coming off assembly lines for sale in USA must be compliant with EPA Tier IV emissions strictures. There are a few Tier III compliant tractors in inventory, not many. The Tier iV tractors are generally 20% higher in price. So if a new tractor is what you decide on, buy now.

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #5  
My son in law bought a B2620 or maybe 2630 with FEL last year for $14K so I would say '05 isn't worth $13500. He got belly mower, tiller, tool bar with middle busters and row hippers for right at $20K. I would think that the $3500 for the FEL wont include installation which might be another $500 or more.
I would look at new before paying that much for a 8 year old tractor regardless of how clean or low hours on it.

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #6  
How much of a "premium" is the B2630 over the B2620? I know the B2630 has position control on the three point hitch, what else?

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #7  
For that price, I'd definitely buy new as well. If that's the size you're considering, check out a Kioti CK20 or CK27 ... priced a bit less than Kubota, every bit as good. Each one (Kubota / Kioti) has advantages over the other depending on what you're using it for.

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #8  
i just went through this same thing. after looking for something used and then equipping it as i needed it, to get something in descent shape without a ton
of hours on it, i was already looking at 75 percent of a new one with no financing incentives. new ones also have the factory warranties as well. so i did spend more, but
it's factory equipped with full warranties, new tires, and no worries of adopting something mistreated. not to say there aren't used deals to be had, but you may wait a while
to find one and then need to be johnny on the spot to get there first too.
i can also verify the 12 percent mention. we haggled for a few weeks, but ended up there.

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #9  
How much of a "premium" is the B2630 over the B2620? I know the B2630 has position control on the three point hitch, what else?

Heavier, longer wheel base, independent PTO, more hydraulic flow, extendable lift arms, pinned stabilizer bars, not turnbuckles, I believe a better seat with arm rests, larger tires, couple more I'm not sure of, but worth considering to me at least.

/ IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR BAD IDEA? B2630 #10  

Totally different tractor. Too many differences to list here. I would check the Kubota website.