New JD 4110/4115 or new Kubota B2710

/ New JD 4110/4115 or new Kubota B2710 #1  

mikemike39

Tractor
JD 4410
JD with JD loader - 410 loader
Kubota with LA402C loader

Narrowed it down to one or other of these I think - here in the UK they are similar $$ for each package. I ruled out blue as I don't have a suitable dealer near enough.

I'd be interested if anyone has faced the choice I have - and which they would choose (and why).

Any obvious performance differences between them that I should have spotted? Which would make the better workhorse for the long term - and which would likely be more reliable?

Cheers Mike

/ New JD 4110/4115 or new Kubota B2710 #2  
Mike ,
I don't have a clue as to your choices . But, I'd be real curious as to the asking prices . Do You have to pay VAT ? and if so, is it still at 17% . Like I said , just curious . I lived in the UK for 6 years (Cambridgesire ) . Loved the country and people . But the tax system was a bit hard to take /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
All the best, John

/ New JD 4110/4115 or new Kubota B2710
Hi John, I am in Suffolk, next county to Cambridgeshire - and yes we still have to pay VAT (17.5%) and plenty of income tax and loads of other taxes, pretty much all of which is wasted by the Government as you would expect. We are overall taxed quite a lot heavier than the US, but not as heavily as mainland Europe (yet). One of the political parties here has just suggested further tax increases plus a local income tax - and Government spending is really letting rip, so further tax rises seem likely. I would hope that at some stage soon the people decide they have had enough of high taxes, and vote for a Government that will slash them and shrink the Government, but maybe I'm just talking my book /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you get to the monthly tractor and machinery sales that Cheffins run near Ely in Cambridgeshire www.cheffins.co.uk ?

cheers Mike

/ New JD 4110/4115 or new Kubota B2710 #4  
Theese are two models that I looked at very closely when shopping. In hind site if I could turn back time I would have bought the 4115 instead of the 2210. I personally like the 4115 better than the Kubota due to the confort of the operators area. I like the pedal arrangement better on the JD, Forward and reverse pedal on the right , brake on the left. I didnt find the brake over the rocker pedal, or the rocker pedal itself very accomodateing on the Kubota, plus I felt really crampted on the machine. The greatest factor was dealer though. I think you've narrowed it down to a couple of very fine choices. It would be tough to make a poor choice between theese two. I believe the Kubota was $300 less here. Dave