Buying Advice LS i3040

/ LS i3040 #1  

twin88cam

Tractor
FORD 3000, Kubota L4200, JD 1025R
I am in the market for a new to me tractor and have found an LS i3040 with FEL that I can get for $9000, maybe a little less, it has 400 or so hours, and looks, and operates really good.
Should I have concerns with such a low price, do they really depreciate this fast? The tractor is at a JD dealer, they said he needed a bigger tractor and traded, I'm just wondering why he went green this time.
I know this is basically the same tractor as the NH Boomer 35, and the Case IH Farmall B35. I have a 1968 3000 Ford with we have owned for 40 years, and a NH dealer 25 miles away I'm sure would help with parts if needed, and also an LS dealer 40 miles away. Any body see a problem, or have any concerns about this tractor?

Thanks for the help in advance,

/ LS i3040 #3  
Post on the L's forum you'll have better luck there. Ask and see if it still has the factory warranty. I'm considering ls myself

/ LS i3040 #4  
Holy smokes....for $9K, I would jump all over that! I'm not trying to start a brand debate, but I would expect a Deere, or Kubota, dealer wouldn't have given much in trade value for any Korean tractor in the first place, so they don't have to charge a bunch to at least make a few bucks.

The same basic machine new would cost twice that, and the fact that it has 400 hours on it, and everything seems to be working well, says it's probably a solid machine. It would be nice to see any service records, but that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.