What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase?

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #21  
go sit on them and drive them around some at the dealers (operate fel and 3 pt controls while your moving)
when I did this it ruled quite a few out quickly for me
I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 285 lbs) and when you are running a bush hog for 2-3 hours you better get on something you fit on and enjoy or it becomes work

also remember attaching and taking off implements can be a real pain
buy some sort of a quick hitch (I have Pat's)
makes a world of difference (1 person 2 min vs. 2 people 5 min cussing at each other)

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #22  
Ok my needs many I guess. Grass cutting that looks great. I've been told that 3pt finishing mowers will mark up lawns.

I haven't noticed any problems using a 90" 3pt finish mower on my lawn. If they have decent wheels, and an anti-scalping roller, I don't see why they would mark up lawns more than anything else.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #23  
The best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase is a 45-50 hp tractor--no substitute for hp and you'll find out pretty quickly that you bought too small (don't ask how I know). I can do anything I need on my 10 acres with my 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, triple hydraulic remotes on the rear) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift at the pins to 10.5 ft height, skid steer quick attach feature). Total cost new: $19K.

Good luck.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #24  
Will this tractor also serve as your primary lawn mower near the house, or just your larger open areas? 3pt finish mowers can make a nice cut, and cut large open areas quickly. However, for better maneuverability and time savings, you might want to consider opting for a mid pto belly mower. That will also limit your tractor choices because not all will have the option. Also, if you're mowing and making tight turns around sensitive areas, you might want to find the lightest tractor with turf tires. But keep in mind, while a lighter tractor will be better for mowing, a heavier tractor is better for utility and loader work.

If you can afford and justify it, forget the tractor as a mower and pickup a Zero Turn. Depending on how much grass you're mowing each week, you can get away with a smaller deck. If I was only cutting 2-3 acres, I think a 52" ZTR would be fine. You can probably pick up a quality new 52" for around $5k. Granted, it's more cost up front than the RFM (rear finish) but it will cut better, faster, less fuel use, and more comfort. And it won't tear up your lawn because of the weight. I much prefer hopping on my ZTR than my tractor.

Otherwise, all the tractor brands will do all the things you mentioned (besides maybe the mid pto)... Some will be slightly more capable in different areas, but each will shine in its own way. It'll come down to how you feel about each one when you sit on it, and how much you feel like spending.

For the work you describe, it doesn't sound like you'll need high HP for anything in particular. You can most likely get by with 40 or less.

I'll put in a vote for the LS R3039 (same as New Holland Boomer 35). 39 HP, fully loaded with deluxe options, good loader that lifts almost 2000lbs ... 3 range hydro goes for around $20k with a 5yr warranty. There are lots of great tractors in this size range tho ... that one would just be at the top of MY list for the best value when you consider the price and features.

But good luck! Tractor shopping is fun! Seriously tho, you need to sit on them all and get a feel. Then when you narrow it down a bit, read the forums here and look for what kinds of problems others are having with the ones you're looking at so you'll know what to expect for quality and/or maintenance after you buy it.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #26  
For the work you describe, it doesn't sound like you'll need high HP for anything in particular. You can most likely get by with 40 or less.

I'll put in a vote for the LS R3039 (same as New Holland Boomer 35). 39 HP, fully loaded with deluxe options, good loader that lifts almost 2000lbs ... 3 range hydro goes for around $20k with a 5yr warranty. There are lots of great tractors in this size range tho ... that one would just be at the top of MY list for the best value when you consider the price and features.

But good luck! Tractor shopping is fun! Seriously tho, you need to sit on them all and get a feel. Then when you narrow it down a bit, read the forums here and look for what kinds of problems others are having with the ones you're looking at so you'll know what to expect for quality and/or maintenance after you buy it.

Was going to be my suggestion. Boomer or Farmall 35 or LS equivalent. John Deere 4120 is nice also. I like weight in a tractor. Go with R4s and RFM. Doesn't tear up yard as long as it's not wet.

My .02.
Good luck.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #27  
What Dealers are with in 50 miles of you? That's where you start. Get some seat time and check out your sales people and don't forget to see their Service area.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #28  
I am very much a newbee on the compact tractor scene but I have done so much reading, research, and tractor tire kicking my head hurts. It really comes down to personal preference and how the tractor fits you. You also have to look at financing (if required), warranty, and quality of your local dealer. Out of all the 30-40HP tractors alone, I've found a few things. NH Boomers/LS & MF 1500/1600 series tractors have the best fit & finish. There is something to say about pride of ownership of a good looking machine. That's where I think Kubota and Yanmar are missing the boat a little. Faded paint or plastic on a new unit is just a turn-off to me. Rust is another issue. Uncalled for on a brand new machine. Mahindra has the best claimed loader capabilities. MF has some incredible 3-point capabilities. But look for a 3-point that has extendable draw arms also. That helps with hookup. A mid PTO if you are looking at mid or front implements. A 5-year warranty is a must anymore. Any manufacturer will have an issue here and there with a tractor. Here a simple suggestion. Make up a sheet and list the capabilities that you are interested in. (Example: size, weight, loader rating, 3-point rating, warranty, financing, etc...) Then list all the tractors you are interested in with their specs. Then compare and narrow down to a few. Go talk to dealers and try to get the best value. Talk to them about package deals. Tractor w/FEL, boxblade, trailer, etc.. Some of the package deals out there are really good. Go out and drive some tractors. Good luck and have fun with it.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #29  
. . . A 5-year warranty is a must anymore. . . .

I don't know of any tractor manufacturer that gives a true 5 year warranty with unlimited hours. LS has a 5 year powertrain warranty, but it's limited to 1,500 hours, and the bumper-to-bumper warranty is the lesser of 2 years or 750 hours.

Kioti has a 4 year powertrain warranty with no hour limit, and a 2 year bumper-to-bumper warranty with no hour limit.

Mahindra is 5 year sor 3,000 hours powertrain, and 2 years or 1,500 hours bumper-to-bumper.

Kubota is 3 years or 2,000 hours powertrain, and 2 years or 1,500 hours bumper-to-bumper.

Not sure about Deere, NH, MF or others.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #30  
I don't know of any tractor manufacturer that gives a true 5 year warranty with unlimited hours.

No need for it to be unlimited hours to be a "true" warranty. 1,500 hours in five years is at least 50% more hours than the typical owner will see....average runs well under 200 for most weekend warriors.