Buying Advice Anyone have LS experience?

/ Anyone have LS experience? #11  
I have a 4047H as well. Only 14 hours on it but this thing is great so far! Bushhogged for about 8 hours and spent 4 or 5 hours digging stumps, box blading and pushing brush and trees with it to build a shelter for it.

As others have said. I'm 6'1", taking the stops off the seat rail to get a couple extra inches was needed, but now its about perfect. I really feel like it was the best bang for the nuck by far. I also considered the MX kubota's and DK series Kioti's.....once I got price quotes and compared specs, there really wasn't a contest.

/ Anyone have LS experience?
Thanks GMan and RK, I have been looking for a while and seems the Korean tractors have better feel/ergonomics and a much bigger bang for your buck. GMan when did you buy your tractor? The 23500 is the best I've been able to get. 21000 would be a great deal. RK what did you pay if you dont mind?
The LS dealer is really about 40 miles farther (interstate) but If I have to load it up and take it somewhere its going to be a day job anyway so? I really like the Bransons but the dealers cannot find a 4720H and I want HST.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #14  
Thanks GMan and RK, I have been looking for a while and seems the Korean tractors have better feel/ergonomics and a much bigger bang for your buck. GMan when did you buy your tractor? The 23500 is the best I've been able to get. 21000 would be a great deal.

I ordered mine in Dec of 2012....the prices seem to have gone up about $1K since then. Keep in mind that prices seem to vary a fair amount based upon the region, so your quote may be very reasonable. There are also some differences between cash, and financing, so that might be part of it. I think dealers are less likely to come off their price now since they're running out of Tier III machines....but that's just my guess.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #15  
Thanks GMan and RK, I have been looking for a while and seems the Korean tractors have better feel/ergonomics and a much bigger bang for your buck. GMan when did you buy your tractor? The 23500 is the best I've been able to get. 21000 would be a great deal. RK what did you pay if you dont mind? The LS dealer is really about 40 miles farther (interstate) but If I have to load it up and take it somewhere its going to be a day job anyway so? I really like the Bransons but the dealers cannot find a 4720H and I want HST.
What can you get an MX5100 for? You'd be lucky at 28k for gear model if you could find a tier 3 one somewhere. HS

/ Anyone have LS experience? #16  
I paid 24k (NC sales tax included) for mine about 3 months ago. Dealer didn't have a 4047H on the lot so it was brought in from the assembly plant. Price included all 4 tires filled wth anti-freeze as well.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #17  
Thanks GMan and RK, I have been looking for a while and seems the Korean tractors have better feel/ergonomics and a much bigger bang for your buck. GMan when did you buy your tractor? The 23500 is the best I've been able to get. 21000 would be a great deal. RK what did you pay if you dont mind?
The LS dealer is really about 40 miles farther (interstate) but If I have to load it up and take it somewhere its going to be a day job anyway so? I really like the Bransons but the dealers cannot find a 4720H and I want HST.

Take a look at the LS forum. Notice how few threads there are pertaining to problems with the tractors. It's actually a pretty boring forum because nobody really has issues. There are minor cosmetic / ergonomic things I would change, but that would be true with anything really. The mx4700/5100 is a good tractor, same as any Kubota. Someone previously said that the LS is a good tractor but Kubota is high end (something like that). I don't agree. I think my LS is every bit as good as a comparable tractor from any manufacturer. I'm right around 125 hrs now. Tractor has been perfect. But to be fair, I'd expect any tractor to be prefect for at least the first 1000 hrs.

Back when I was shopping, I checked out the Branson (and TYM) forums. There seemed to be alot of complaints and issues. That was a good reason for me to ignore them completely.

Good luck!

/ Anyone have LS experience? #18  
I paid 24k (NC sales tax included) for mine about 3 months ago. Dealer didn't have a 4047H on the lot so it was brought in from the assembly plant. Price included all 4 tires filled wth anti-freeze as well.

That's a really good price including sales tax. Mine was ordered straight from NC as well, and one nice thing LS does that no other manufacturer I'm aware of does, is ship the machines assembled, in an enclosed trailer, so they even show up at the dealer washed, waxed, and ready to go.....no road grit on them. The dealers still run a checklist on them, but I'm told its usually a non-event.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #19  
Yeah 4047H here too, delivered sept 1 2013. 19,000 filled r1s, fel, no sales tax, which is awesome, and close to the plant, so that helped on cost too.

My farmer friend has a M4900 loves it has had it for 12 years and no problems to speak of. Plans to use it until retirement... Don't know how that model compares to the kubota you been looking at.

As for the LS, love the tractor so far, at 25 hours, mostly spent building a driveway and clearing old fence lines. This thing tears things up that I think it has no business getting near, but then I think, better to know the limits..... haven't found them yet. So, no problems with the tractor so far.

I wonder about 'gas mileage' as I think I average about a gallon an hour. Is that normal? Or something to do with indirect vs direct injection? Hmmm.

Anyway, the tractor, loader, EA boxblade and fitrite TNT have me in disbelief. Why didn't I buy sooner? Oh yeah, and when cleaned off, that blue looks NICE.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #20  
My friend has a Branson slightly lower in HP to my Case. We have about the same amount of hours and have done similar style work with the units (material movement, grading, post holes, moving hay, moving trailers) but I have operated hay equipment and he has not. Both are stored in barns with closing doors. His has a canopy, mine does not (I'm jealous of this ;-).

His Branson is more stable on hills.

I have changed fluids and filters and lubed.

He has changed fluids, filters, lubed, had to replace hydraulic cylinders, broken hose connections, leaking fuel lines, torn hoses, cracked hoses, worn hoses, FEL issues, beefed up the FEL, welding something in the 3pt hitch. The warranty has covered the cylinders and hydraulic issues. Other things have been out of pocket. He has mad welding and tool making skills.

He will not tell me but I suspect we paid nearly the same amount for our tractors and mine has more bells and whistles.