Price Check 2013 Kubota L3800HST

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #1  

thechknhwk

Demo unit with 91 hrs, full factory warranty, rear remotes, SSQA bucket for 19,500 & 0% for 60 mos. A little late to ask if this is a deal or not since I already put 1000 down. I just started reading the buying/pricing forum tonight and was alarmed to read that I may be required to purchase their insurance. Will they accept a rider policy on my homeowners? I have AAA, and I hope they will be able to insure me for a reasonable rate.

I was originally looking used in the 30hp range, but for the prices I was seeing for tractors with ~200 to 1500+hrs and having to finance on my own with interest this seemed like the right deal. I hope I was correct.

thanks,

Paul

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #2  
Can't really comment on the price, but in terms of insurance I believe you'll be fine with a rider policy. Of course, they will probably try to steer you toward their insurance, regardless.

Congrats on your tractor, I'm sure you'll love it.

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #3  
you don't have to buy their insurance but price it out vs. your homeowners. i ended up going with the kubota insurance... didn't want a claim (black mark) on my homeowners if something happened.

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #4  
Tractor insurance varies between states, in Michigan for example, you can only get up to $15,000.00 (if I remember correctly) of coverage as a rider to your home owners' policy. Look over the KTAC Insurance thread in the Kubota forum, this isn't your typical insurance policy, it is actually a very good policy and I though quite affordable in comparison to my home owner's rider.

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #5  
Tractor insurance varies between states, in Michigan for example, you can only get up to $15,000.00 (if I remember correctly) of coverage as a rider to your home owners' policy. Look over the KTAC Insurance thread in the Kubota forum, this isn't your typical insurance policy, it is actually a very good policy and I though quite affordable in comparison to my home owner's rider.
I live in Michigan and have a $30,000 insurance rider on my homeowners policy for my 2012 Kioti cab tractor.

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #6  
youll have to check an see if you can add it to your home owners ins.if not youll have to go with kubota or find some1 thatll ins it for you.as you have to have ins since you owe on it.

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #7  
I have Kubota insurance on my Kubota financed B3300SU.

If this is your first tractor, take Kubota's insurance without complaint. It is almost certain you will have two or more claims during the finance period, despite $250 deductible. This is part of the price of learning how to operate a tractor.

I had one claim for $1,700 for which Kubota paid with no hassle. Total out-of-pocket expense $250.

There are numerous posts in the T-B-N- archive regarding Kubota's insurance. About 99% of posts are positive.

Last edited:
   / 2013 Kubota L3800HST #8  
If this is your first tractor, take Kubota's insurance without complaint. It is almost certain you will have two or more claims during the finance period, despite $250 deductible. This is part of the price of learning how to operate a tractor.

In my experience, most people make zero claims during the insurance period (while financed). If it was almost certain you will have a couple of claims, then tractor insurance cost would skyrocket. We find that tractor insurance is usually cheap, and that is because few people ever make claims.

But certainly in your case with the bad luck of two claims already, the insurance was a very good thing.

With Mahindra in California, a $20k tractor cost about $9/month to insure against physical damage. I wish cars were so cheap.

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #9  
We have people that do try and add it to their home policy and most companies will not cover it to the extent that Kubota does. On most of the claims we get to fix, a home owners policy holder would be telling them sorry!

/ 2013 Kubota L3800HST #10  
I agree Art. Most homeowner policies cover tractors only while on the property and only for listed perils, and never if used for hire or off the property. Works for some folks, but is pretty limited. Ranch or farm policies often give good coverage.