Excellent buying experience in New England...

/ Excellent buying experience in New England... #1  

Wolfman

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 MF 2706E HST
Hi All,

First off, I want to thank everyone here for all of the help and information I have received, which aided me in choosing and purchasing a tractor.

When I first started looking at tractors, I started becoming a little disgruntled about the price differences between what I had seen on this board and what local dealers were offering. I realized that volume had something to do with it, and was willing to pay a little more - but still wanted a fair deal.

I was very frustrated after visiting MB Tractor in Tilton, NH. After several visits (and a few posts about the way they do business to several threads on this board) - I had almost given up on the idea of buying a tractor locally. I thought about ordering a tractor from Coriher, but realized that I would want to have at least a little dealer support locally.

Then I was introduced to two great establishments in the New Hampshire area:

Northwood Power Equipment, Northwood NH - Massey/Agco/Kioti
Scamman Tractor, Saco ME - New Holland/Kubota

I was introduced to Northwood Power Equipment at the Hopkinton fair and was really impressed with their level of service and committment to customer satisfaction. They anwered all of my questions and delivered 4 different tractors to my house for demos. All of their sales people, drivers, and the owner - Harold, were absolutely great during the whole process. I have never felt more comfortable making a purchasing decision. The fact that they were willing to go out of their way to make a sale really, really impressed me. They also offered great incentives to their customers (free pickup/delivery for the lifetime of the tractor, free 50 hr. service, free 4 year warranty, low price excavator rentals w/free delivery, etc.).

The other establishment I have to say was very impressed with was Scamman Tractor from Saco, ME. Rick from Scamman actually contacted me, after I made a plea for a New Holland dealer (within a reasonable proximity) to contact me for a fair deal on a TC40D. Rick contacted me through PM, and right off the bat offered me an excellent deal (several thousand less than the quote I was getting from MB), along with free pickup/delivery and other extras. Rick promptly gave me quotes for different configurations and was very helpful in every way. I can't say enough about how pleased I was with the manner in which they conducted business.

When it was all said and done, I decided to go with Northwood Power Equipment, because they were able to get me into a larger tractor for a very, very fair price. The fact that they were willing to deliver demos to me so often (at one point I had two tractors sitting at my house for almost a week!) really impressed me. Everytime I visit the dealership, I feel more like I am going to see some old buddies as opposed to dealing with a traditional dealership.

So if you are in the New England area, and are looking to get a great deal and friendly service, I highly recommend both Northwood Power Equipment and Scamman Tractor. I never was able to visit Scamman tractor in person, but I have been to Northwood Power Equipment a number of times, now, and I can't imagine dealing with friendlier people who really care about their customers.

Now if only Northwood Power Equipment sold pickup trucks, I'd be all set!

What tractor did I end up with? I ended up getting a new Massey Ferguson 1445 (45 hp, 3900 lbs.) Hydro with a MF 1040 Loader.

Thanks again everyone for all the help on my tractor purchase.

/ Excellent buying experience in New England... #2  
I wonder if anyone from MB Tractor is reading this... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Excellent buying experience in New England... #3  
Nice to see someone getting great service from a local dealer. I went factory direct partly because of this same issue.

/ Excellent buying experience in New England... #4  
Hmmmmmm .... Deja Vu...... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sounds familiar, I hope MB reads this, I invite them to dig out my buying thread, it is a mirror image of yours, right down to the Hopkinton fair!!

You made a wise choice, my friend. That Massey will surprise the heck out of you!

Enjoy!

/ Excellent buying experience in New England... #5  
So, where are the pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif