Tractor
    None

Default Bobcat not selling compact tractors anymore. What about buying one?

I saw an ad for a Bobcat CT-225. They have one for $14,000 with FEL. Not sure if it is a 2012 or 2013 but it is new. Checked the reviews out and everything seemed very good. They have a little more weight than most tractors in it's horsepower range (3056 lbs), which I like. What I found out, and a lot of you may already know, is they will not be making anymore compact tractors after this year.

My question is, should this effect my decision to buy one? One guy I talked to said they will be there for parts support for 15-20 years. I think he just pulled that number out of his, um, head.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Bobcat not selling compact tractors anymore. What about buying one?

I don't think you can expect tractor parts on discontinued tractors to be available for 60 year like 8N Ford parts but since it is a rebadged Kioti they may be available for some time to come. Anyone guess it for how long. Some CUT tractor parts were not available in less than 5 years. I don't think the foreign companies are obligated to keep them in stock like USA companies are and since the distributors seem to change manufacturer's frequently or yearly in some cases, the OEM isn't obligated to make parts at all. For instance LS made the boomer NH tractors for a year or two and now I hear NH is going to switch back to Shibaura as manufacturer. So will LS still make parts for NH. I doubt it, but parts may be available thru LS dealers if they are savvy enough to know how to cross reference the models similar to what you would have to do with Kioti.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Veteran Member

The tractor is a repainted/rebadged Kioti... but the loader is made by somebody else. I don't remember who, but I bet if you go to the Bobcat tractor forum they can tell you.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Tractor
    None

I called the local Kioti dealer. A similar sized Kioti sells for $16k.

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

A lot of these parts for the recent "musical chairs" brands are not going to available neatly as long as the Traditional Deere or kubota. Not that Deere doesn't source out but their dedication to parts is impressive.

Tractor
    Bobcat ct 225

Quote Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
    The tractor is a repainted/rebadged Kioti... but the loader is made by somebody else. I don't remember who, but I bet if you go to the Bobcat tractor forum they can tell you.
    I think it was a Rhino loader at first and then changed to an in-house one.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    A lot of these parts for the recent "musical chairs" brands are not going to available neatly as long as the Traditional Deere or kubota. Not that Deere doesn't source out but their dedication to parts is impressive.
    The tractors that Bobcat sells have been in production under the Kioti label since well before 2006. Only changes since then have been improvements to piece parts to fix reliability/design issues. There are thousands of these tractors out there now. So, the CKs and DKs are hardly "musical chair" tractors. And parts for the earlier Kiotis are still available too. BC has been in it for about 3 years now. McCormick sells the same tractor too. The are sold around the world under the Daedong label also. I don't think you can go wrong with the BCs. You should be able to get parts for many years to come. Loaders on the BCs are U.S made as I understand it. And any loader part is most likely just a common hardware/commodity item that can purchased from many sources. I think you might even be able to get a better deal than the original quote. Work the dealer a bit and see where it leads.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I had a Ct235 with the sticking hydro pedal so I am not that crazy about them after that whole ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
    The early loaders were Rhino and the late loaders were Bobcat.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

I guess I see it like this, if you are fine with buying a kioti/ls/yanmar or other smaller manufacturers tractor, then a bobcat is fine. I wouldn't worry about the loader either, pins and cylinders and other hardware isn't made by rhino or kioti or bobcat anyways. If there's a defect, you'll find it under warranty, and if you bend it later, you'll get someone local to fix it.
    2011 DK40SE HST