Comparison New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #1  

arshutr

Tractor
Farmall 706
Hello everyone. I am in the market for a compact tractor. I have JD, IH and NH dealerships very nearby (4 miles) and have spoke with each of them. The JD dealership has a new 3032e with loader (non-QD) and has quoted me $17.4 for the package. 0% finance...yadda, yadda. They also have a '04 NH TC33D in really nice shape with the 7308 loader, and a SIMS aftermarket cab (heat, no air) and the unit has 460 hours on it. Tires are great...75%-ish. Nice work lights on rear and front of cab. I think I can get them into the mid to low $13K range on it. It is a one owner machine that runs out great.
So, my question is. What is everone's opinion? New bare-bones JD or the TC33D with cab? Thanks for the input in advance.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #2  
You leave out crucial information. What are you going to use it for, and how long do you expect it to last... And do you have a reason to want a cab. Around here cabs are only on vehicles that never go near trees. The JD you cite is a good little tractor with a lot of fans. I have the slightly bigger 3038e, and it's also a pretty good little tractor. I don't know the NH you cite, but have friends who have been very pleased with NH equipment. The NH is bigger, more powerful and heavier... But those characteristics can be postives or negatives, depending on the work you plan to do.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D
I have a small acreage and horses. Tractor will be used to clean the horse lot, scoop snow (we get that white stuff here in NE), mow with rear mount shredder, roto-till garden and small tree nursery, dig post holes, etc., etc. I have a older Farmall 706 that I move large round bales with, and realize that the small tractor is incapable of this type of heavy lifting. I am well aware of a compact tractor's advantages and limitations, so I was just curious what everyone thought about each of the available machines and their opinions regarding which one you would buy. The way I see it, the cab really adds value to the NH (in the winter especially), but I also like the idea of a new machine and warranty. I know the JD's are great little units, but holy crap!!!.... green accessories are expensive. I'll ask about the 3038e as well, as they have 2 of them on the lot too. It sounds like the 38 and the 32 are the same unit but the 38 just has a turbo that boosts the HP by 6. Probably helps a lot in the power department, but if it's an extra $2K for just 6 HP, I don't see that it's worth it. If you can't tell, I am a bit frugal and want as much as I can get for $ spent. I went to the JD store today to look at the 3032. The loader does seem a bit beefier and stiffer than the NH. I noticed a little flex and movement in the NH when I checked it out on Sat. JD wins in that area. More thoughts???? Thanks again.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #4  
I think that for the price, the tc33 with cab is a nice pick. I would try to work out some type of limited warranty with the dealer if possible. Equipment breaks and wear & tear items wear out. I've seen alot of threads about little nitpicky issues with the TC's, mostly just electrical. 400+ hours isn't necessarily a lot, but it depends on what the tractor was put thru for those hours, and what type of maintenance was done in that time.

Good luck!

------

Have you shopped any other brands? There are better values to be found if you're buying new ... I'd be happy to offer an option to consider if you care to hear it.

TSO, thanks for the response. That is kinda the way I am leaning right now too. The TC is very clean and was maintained well. Shedded it's entire life too. Guy with a small acreage owned it and did essentially the same thing I have planned for it....minus the horses. It had a small hydraulic leak and a coolant leak when it arrived at the dealer, but they fixed them. They have used it around the dealer yard for small jobs and they said it worked just fine. This was told to me by the mechanic/sales yard guy that came down and jump started it when I tested it on Sat. Not the salesman. Battery was notched in Aug of '05 so it will need one right away. I will likely work that into the deal if I end up getting it. I'll work the deal tomorrow and post results. I attached a pic of the TC. Thanks!
TC33D_2.jpg

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #6  
That cab will be nice in the winter. But what about summer. Do the windows, etc. open up to get enough air flow through it in the summer? I spent a summer as a kid in Oklahoma driving a tractor with a cab without air conditioning (the a/c was out), and it was miserable.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #7  
That cab will be nice in the winter. But what about summer. Do the windows, etc. open up to get enough air flow through it in the summer? I spent a summer as a kid in Oklahoma driving a tractor with a cab without air conditioning (the a/c was out), and it was miserable.
Good advice ... I prefer open station during all but the winter months. That heated cab will be nice in the winter, but I'd want the option to take the doors & panels off for the rest of the year.

Well, I ended up getting the JD 3032E. Was ready to go with the New Holland, but 0% financing and an extra $1000 toward two implements with the JD swayed the decision to the green side. That and the fact that the NH was already 9 years old, so resale later on would be a consideration. Got the RC2060 rotary cutter/shredder for $600 after the $1000 rebate as the 2nd attachment. Taking delivery on Thursday. :) Looking forward to having a nice little machine for work around the place. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #9  
Well, I ended up getting the JD 3032E. Was ready to go with the New Holland, but 0% financing and an extra $1000 toward two implements with the JD swayed the decision to the green side. That and the fact that the NH was already 9 years old, so resale later on would be a consideration. Got the RC2060 rotary cutter/shredder for $600 after the $1000 rebate as the 2nd attachment. Taking delivery on Thursday. :) Looking forward to having a nice little machine for work around the place. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations.

Congrats! Pics?

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #10  
Congrats on the new tractor. Sounds like a good choice. 0% and $1,000 off a 2nd implement would have swayed me too.