Confused about Shuttle Transmissions - Mahindra

/ Confused about Shuttle Transmissions - Mahindra #1  

texas347

Tractor
John Deere 5105
I am looking to purchase a tractor in the next week or so. I have been looking at the Mahindra 6110 Cab. It states that it has a shuttle transmission and when I looked at one on the lot it does have the column mounted stalk to shift between forward and reverse but the guy told me you still had to use the clutch? Is that the difference in a shuttle vs. a power shuttle? Can someone please explain? Thanks --

/ Confused about Shuttle Transmissions - Mahindra #3  
Shuttle that requires foot clutch operation is normally referred to as a Syncro-shuttle while the one that can be shifted without depressing foot clutch is a hydraulic reverser. I had a Sync shuttle & traded it for hydro-shuttle I like much better.

/ Confused about Shuttle Transmissions - Mahindra #4  
Shuttle that requires foot clutch operation is normally referred to as a Syncro-shuttle while the one that can be shifted without depressing foot clutch is a hydraulic reverser. I had a Sync shuttle & traded it for hydro-shuttle I like much better.

Tx has it right. Well worth the small upgrade fee IMO. A Power Reverser(hydro-shuttle) is almost as fast at loader work as a HST. But you don't have the horsepower losses of the HST.