Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.)

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #1  

RedNeckRacin

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 5083E MFWD, Kubota L3400 HST
So my local John deere dealer is shutting the doors next week. Glad I bought from a local shop that will be able to sell parts if I need them. [/sarcasm] I really hate to see tractor dealerships closing down, granted this one was part of a larger chain.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #2  
So my local John deere dealer is shutting the doors next week. Glad I bought from a local shop that will be able to sell parts if I need them. [/sarcasm] I really hate to see tractor dealerships closing down, granted this one was part of a larger chain.

Wheres the next closest? At least you got Green Farm Parts to fall back on. I guess we are lucky in the midwest. I have 16 JD dealerships within 40 miles of me.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #3  
It looked like their Bigler store may have been also shut down when I went by it this summer.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #4  
Same happened to me with Kubota.... No Dealers in counties with millions in poplulation.

Last edited:
   / Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #5  
Wheres the next closest? At least you got Green Farm Parts to fall back on. I guess we are lucky in the midwest. I have 16 JD dealerships within 40 miles of me.

How many are owned by the same group? Here the 5 are all the same.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #6  
I got a little luckier than you did. I was just about ready to consummate the deal on my Kioti DK40SE with the local dealer. All the sudden the sales guy couldn't be reached nor returned my calls. Turns out the dealership locked their doors and went out of business. The next closest Kioti dealer is another 15 minutes away but I ended up buying from an out of state dealer at a considerably lower price, so it might have been for the better - we'll see.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #7  
When I was looking for a tractor, I went to their Butler, PA store to look at a SC or compact tractor. I couldn't get any of the staff to even look at me. They didn't even have a brochure available in the rack. My favorite little JD store in Mars, Pa that kept me in parts for my little 210 garden tractor closed up during the JD dealer shutdowns. I bought a Kubota!

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #8  
How many are owned by the same group? Here the 5 are all the same.

8 are one group, and 2 are one group. So there are a few independant guys left (for now). I do business with the big 8 store group. They have the best mechanics and parts inventory. They were just running radio adds that they added 11 brand new, fully equipped service trucks to their fleet, they have good after hours and weekend service. They are hard to compete with.
It's the same guys, even after they were swallowed up...they just become part owners in a bigger company.
That kind of service isn't cheap, but at least it's good...and available.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #9  
8 are one group, and 2 are one group. So there are a few independant guys left (for now). I do business with the big 8 store group. They have the best mechanics and parts inventory. They were just running radio adds that they added 11 brand new, fully equipped service trucks to their fleet, they have good after hours and weekend service. They are hard to compete with.
It's the same guys, even after they were swallowed up...they just become part owners in a bigger company.
That kind of service isn't cheap, but at least it's good...and available.

Nothing about John Deere is cheap. There is zero lone JD Dealers here, don't think there will be any anywhere soon.

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #10  
Amazing some have many dealers and others have zero... at least in my county and several adjacent counties...

When I did take half a day to drive over to my closest Deere dealer I was disappointed they only had large machinery... the receptionist told me they can order anything which really didn't help a new tractor buyer like me decide...

Deere Commercial is much different... no complaints on my 110TLB except they can't order from the AG line...

The ironic thing is I choose Caterpillar for my first tractor and the dealer is 5 minutes from my home with the best service I've ever had... each time I needed anything I was treated as a VIP at Peterson...

So the moral is VIP service from the biggest player CAT knowing I will never be a buyer for anything they have new to satisfactory service from Kubota and the brush-off from Deere AG...