Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

Default Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.)

So my local John deere dealer is shutting the doors next week. Glad I bought from a local shop that will be able to sell parts if I need them. [/sarcasm] I really hate to see tractor dealerships closing down, granted this one was part of a larger chain.
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR),

'01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    '95 CR 500
    FIL-JD 4020; Ford 9600,5000

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Default Re: Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckRacin View Post
    So my local John deere dealer is shutting the doors next week. Glad I bought from a local shop that will be able to sell parts if I need them. [/sarcasm] I really hate to see tractor dealerships closing down, granted this one was part of a larger chain.
    Wheres the next closest? At least you got Green Farm Parts to fall back on. I guess we are lucky in the midwest. I have 16 JD dealerships within 40 miles of me.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Default Re: Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.)

It looked like their Bigler store may have been also shut down when I went by it this summer.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

Same happened to me with kubota.... No Dealers in counties with millions in poplulation.
    Last edited by ultrarunner; 11-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by arlen4720 View Post
    Wheres the next closest? At least you got Green Farm Parts to fall back on. I guess we are lucky in the midwest. I have 16 JD dealerships within 40 miles of me.
    How many are owned by the same group? Here the 5 are all the same.
    Murph ------------

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK40SE

I got a little luckier than you did. I was just about ready to consummate the deal on my Kioti DK40SE with the local dealer. All the sudden the sales guy couldn't be reached nor returned my calls. Turns out the dealership locked their doors and went out of business. The next closest Kioti dealer is another 15 minutes away but I ended up buying from an out of state dealer at a considerably lower price, so it might have been for the better - we'll see.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch

When I was looking for a tractor, I went to their Butler, PA store to look at a SC or compact tractor. I couldn't get any of the staff to even look at me. They didn't even have a brochure available in the rack. My favorite little JD store in Mars, Pa that kept me in parts for my little 210 garden tractor closed up during the JD dealer shutdowns. I bought a kubota!
    BX25, "60" MMM, 3 point hitch, Brinly 12" cat 0 1 bottom plow, TSC Countyline carry all, Kubota ballast box, 4X4 Loyal drag harrow, BXpanded Piranha tooth bar, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, Bro-Tek wheel spacers, Bro-Tek backhoe ripper tooth. Kubota BX2763A front plow, Phoenix T4 48" rototiller, Harbor Freight Quick Hitch, BXpanded Quick-on Work light Kit, Mark Hodge stabilizers.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    How many are owned by the same group? Here the 5 are all the same.
    8 are one group, and 2 are one group. So there are a few independant guys left (for now). I do business with the big 8 store group. They have the best mechanics and parts inventory. They were just running radio adds that they added 11 brand new, fully equipped service trucks to their fleet, they have good after hours and weekend service. They are hard to compete with.
    It's the same guys, even after they were swallowed up...they just become part owners in a bigger company.
    That kind of service isn't cheap, but at least it's good...and available.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by arlen4720 View Post
    8 are one group, and 2 are one group. So there are a few independant guys left (for now). I do business with the big 8 store group. They have the best mechanics and parts inventory. They were just running radio adds that they added 11 brand new, fully equipped service trucks to their fleet, they have good after hours and weekend service. They are hard to compete with.
    It's the same guys, even after they were swallowed up...they just become part owners in a bigger company.
    That kind of service isn't cheap, but at least it's good...and available.
    Nothing about John Deere is cheap. There is zero lone JD Dealers here, don't think there will be any anywhere soon.
    Murph ------------

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

Amazing some have many dealers and others have zero... at least in my county and several adjacent counties...

When I did take half a day to drive over to my closest Deere dealer I was disappointed they only had large machinery... the receptionist told me they can order anything which really didn't help a new tractor buyer like me decide...

Deere Commercial is much different... no complaints on my 110TLB except they can't order from the AG line...

The ironic thing is I choose Caterpillar for my first tractor and the dealer is 5 minutes from my home with the best service I've ever had... each time I needed anything I was treated as a VIP at Peterson...

So the moral is VIP service from the biggest player CAT knowing I will never be a buyer for anything they have new to satisfactory service from kubota and the brush-off from Deere AG...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast