Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    John Deere 4120

I would stick with john deere, kubota, or kioti. Just my opinion

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Default Re: What tractor?

Sounds like you need something around 30hp...how big your other tractor?
    What type transmission you want? Do you want 4WD? What other attachments? Which dealer do you feel most comfortable with?

Tractor
    Massey 1652 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by JMER817 View Post
    Why is that? Massey makes a fantastic tractor. LS (sold also as Case & New Holland) also makes an excellent tractor. Mahindra builds good tractors too ...

To the OP ... all those choices in your area are worth a look. JD, Kubota & Massey will likely be more expensive than the others. Keep in mind that the compact & sub-compact tractors from NH & Case are built by LS ... so you can basically choose which color you like, and which dealer will give you the better deal. Or if you like them, try to find an LS dealer and buy directly from LS to get a better warranty, more added options, and thousands of dollars saved.

Mahindra has good tractors too. Depending on model, they are kind of a "hodge podge" of makes... some are built by Mahindra, some by TYM, some Daedong engines, etc. But then again, some of the JD tractors are Yanmar or Kukje built, so it really doesn't matter.

My advice would be to sit on and drive all of them (much more can be gained by personal experience than just listening to us) ... then, work on the pricing and see what fits your budget. Then, make sure you research the specific tractors here on the forum to see what kind of problems different users have experienced, so you can get an idea of what you might expect.

Good luck! Tractor shopping is fun!
    Massey 1652 HSTC - TEREX PT70 CTL
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR
    - JD Gator 620i
    Stump Bucket * 60" Tine Bucket * 60" HD Grapple Bucket * 68" 4-in-1 Bucket * 72" GP Bucket * 72" Rock Bucket
    90" Hi-Cap Bucket * QA Forks * QA Tree-Puller * 96" HD BackBlade * 84" Dual-Grader * 84" BoxBlade * 84" Rake
    78" Box Disc * 72" LP Seeder * 3pt StumpGrinder * 3pt Chipper * 96" Ford Flail * ATI Pre-Seeder 805

Silver Member
    Tractor
    International 444, Yanmar YM169d, Cub Cadet

the other tractor is a John Deere 6420 and a John Deere 5075E but these are often being used elsewhere for different jobs so and also they are to big for work around the garden and for some of the snow clearance they are too big for some of our tracks leading up to the house. 4WD is essential and i don't really know why but i hate hydrostatic transmission so it would have to be manual. we do also have a 16hp yanmar which we have been trying to use for our jobs in smaller fields but it is really to small so this is why i am looking to replace it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    International 444, Yanmar YM169d, Cub Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by JMER817 View Post
    why do you think that those 3 are the best options??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12