Buying Advice What tractor?

/ What tractor? #1  

PROFarms

Silver Member
Tractor
International 444, Yanmar YM169d, Cub Cadet
Hi guys,
I am looking to buy a tractor new or second hand for us. i am looking to use it for snow clearance and also using it in our garden as well as other jobs around the place such as on a log splitter. i would occasionally use a small disc or drum mower and maybe a tedder but would use another tractor to bale. a cab would be nice but is not essential. if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for tractors they would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

/ What tractor?
Is there no advice from anybody?!

/ What tractor? #3  
I would look at a Massey 1600 or 1700 series. Something in the 30-40hp range.

/ What tractor? #4  
Best tractors r kinda like the best truck brand. Would try to find a good dealer who u could trust and think will be around for a while. If I were looking at snow removal, would try to get a 4x4. But 4x4 does increase turning radius. I prefer a diesel over gas because of gas storage. 30hp should cover what u stated the uses are.

/ What tractor? #5  
Do you have a budget?

What size implements do you want to run?

How much snow do you need to move?

How much area (and how quickly) do you plan to disc?

Do you plan on getting a front end loader?

-----
You can buy a used Ford 8n for $1800 and handle all those things ... or you can spend $25k and have the latest & greatest. Really hard to suggest anything without knowing more.

/ What tractor? #6  
if i was you id get something in the 40hp range 4x4 fel.a cab adds $10,000 to the cost of a tractor.

/ What tractor? #7  
Mahindra has a basic 35 horse tractor for about 12k I think. Warranty and new tractor may be the way to go.

oops! looks like 4025 is closer to 15 now. Not as good a deal as I thought.

/ What tractor?
thanks for the help guys, will take all info i have been given into account

/ What tractor?
Merry Christmas everyone!! within 50 miles we have got a John Deere, Massey Ferguson, Mahindra, New Holland, Kubota and Case IH.