Comparison What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #1  

Curritucklawncare

Tractor
none
Today I went to look at tractors for my landscape company as we are looking to get into a small bit of tractor work.
I am set on the TYM as the dealer is been great and taken a ton of time with me and been great to deal with. I just have no idea on what size to get, I have not been this conflicted about something since when i got married lol. So I will be useing this tractor for bushhoggin and gradding and spreading dirt, rock, mulch etc. My main concern is that the 29 hp wont have plenty of power but i love the size and how light it is for customers yards. The tractor is just very light duty and I was hoping to get some input on if it is too small, Please keep in mind this is a new branch for my lawn care buissness/landscaping and I have no idea which tractor would benifit me the most. Please keep in mind the price is not even the concern I want to make sure I get the right tractor for the type of application. I do know the 353hst has more features and is 4 cylindar which i really like. But all in all I would like to hear what yall think is the best tractor for what i wanna do and is the T293 to light because i really like the small size. Please Exuse the spelling and grammar as I typing this from my phone. keys are very small and mistype.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #2  
I'd lean towards the 353. I think you'd be happier in the long run if you're gonna do professional bush hogging and such. I don't know much about tym but they look stout.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #3  
Probably the 353 for your application...I have the smallest TYM, the 233 and its been fine for my 30 acres of trail cutting/bush hogging and food plot maintenance.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #4  
Need to really look at what the majority of your uses are going to be. If you are going to be using it mostly for spreading mulch, laying pads for pavers, hauling dirt/stones for raised beds I would go with the 293 everytime. I did landscaping for 10 years and we used a Kubota L2500 (approx to same weight as the 353) and there were times when the tractor was just too darn heavy and we'd have to fix low spots in the yard with it.

The 293 is coming in a full 1000# lighter than the 353 at 2000# so even with a loader on it you could still haul it on a 3500# single axle 12' landscape trailer. It has a sloped hood giving better visibility when doing loader work and being hydro is much more user friendly for employees to use. The downside of this tractor is I would guess a 5' bush hog would be the extreme limits of the rated pto for this tractor and pulling with it would be more prone to spinouts.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST
Need to really look at what the majority of your uses are going to be. If you are going to be using it mostly for spreading mulch, laying pads for pavers, hauling dirt/stones for raised beds I would go with the 293 everytime. I did landscaping for 10 years and we used a Kubota L2500 (approx to same weight as the 353) and there were times when the tractor was just too darn heavy and we'd have to fix low spots in the yard with it.

The 293 is coming in a full 1000# lighter than the 353 at 2000# so even with a loader on it you could still haul it on a 3500# single axle 12' landscape trailer. It has a sloped hood giving better visibility when doing loader work and being hydro is much more user friendly for employees to use. The downside of this tractor is I would guess a 5' bush hog would be the extreme limits of the rated pto for this tractor and pulling with it would be more prone to spinouts.

Super55, I appreciate the info my only concern is that picking up pallets of sod it might be too light? or what if you was scraping the ground to dig out for hardscapes or anything like that does it have the power dig a coupld inches with the front bucket because I do like how light the tractor is i am just concerned about power.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #6  
The TYM T293 loader, the LT250, says it will dig 4" below deck and lift 1100 pounds with a 5.2cuft capacity. The T293 is about 3" wider than the T353, but the T353 weighs just over a 1000 pounds more. Also, the T293 is like 20" shorter than the T353 which would be good for getting around in tight fenced back yards. I would think the T293 with 29engine hp and 21 PTO hp would do you good. But it's up to you and the type of work you need it for like others have said. B.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #7  
A pallet of sod will weigh at least a ton. So I'm guessing the 293 is out on that question. We usually unloaded with a bobcat S/S or would bring extra pallets to the site and then transfer some of the sod to half pallets. Our kubota had a permanent bucket so we used add on forks and with loaded tires and a tiller (our heaviest implement for a counterweight) we were able to get them unloaded and moved around. If the supplier was able to unload them which some have tilt beds to slide off we could then use a 3pt pallet attach on the back and move them with ease because of the added lift capacity of the 3pt.

As for digging it really depends on your soil. If you have that Georgia clay that you could land a jumbo jet on than I doubt 1000# will make a lot of difference. Might have to bolt on ripper teeth to the bucket or a box blade or till it first. I would think the 293 would be capable of doing it.

I test drove a 273 but never a 353 so that might make me biased but I was really impressed with the little tractor. The turning radius on the thing was impressive simply put. I thought always that the tractor would be good for would be hooking a subsoiler up to it with a pipe layer to go and lay black poly pipe for irrigation.

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST
I really Appreciate everyone comments and help, Thanks So much. I really got some good points but I am still not sure which unit to go with my gut tells me that the T29HST would be just fine for me...But another part of me is concerned if we pick up bushhog jobs any heavy duty or large scale jobs that I will wish that I bought the larger unit.. Not sure why this is such a tuff choice g

/ What to buy T293 HST or T353 HST #9  
I think you really need a skidsteer. A Pallet of sod is heavy, probably too heavy for either tractor, even on 3ph. A small skidsteer has the beef to lift and fits almost anywhere. And they are great for digging patios. I also question whether the TYM will hold up to commercial use. I too like the size of the T293, but it's for homeowners not serious professional landscapers.