Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    . I needed weight as well as pulling a tree stem weighing 2500# would be easier with a heavier tractor. As I do not use a pto, hp meant nothing to me with traction being the largest criteria. .
    Very good points when the tractor is used for skidding logs.

When the OP is finish mowing around the house and pasture mowing, the weight would work against him by rutting the turf. The PTO HP becomes more important when running attachments.

Tractor
    JD 3320, 820,400,255

Default Re: JD 3038e vs Mahindra 3016 almost same price

The QA bucket is a must if you think you might get forks. Artillian forks for me are a must!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    Very good points when the tractor is used for skidding logs.

When the OP is finish mowing around the house and pasture mowing, the weight would work against him by rutting the turf. The PTO HP becomes more important when running attachments.
    The op Tom is also using his tractor for pulling ground engaging implements and fel work. If I could get the extra weight for that stuff I would and would consider reducing my lbs per sq inch at ground contact with tires giving more float such as industrials as opposed to ags.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by cartod View Post
    The QA bucket is a must if you think you might get forks. Artillian forks for me are a must!
    And grapple. No tractor is complete without a quick attach grapple, the most handy attachment an FEL can have.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post

The op Tom is also using his tractor for pulling ground engaging implements and fel work. If I could get the extra weight for that stuff .
    Totally correct. I would advise adding weight as you need it and take it off when you don't. HP can't be added, however.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

There are 3 things I don't like about the deere. The first and most important is it only has a 2 range hydro. I think a tractor of this size should have a 3 range hydro. Low will be too slow for something but high won't have enough power. The second is the QA on the loader is John Deeres own QA. You can find attachments for the JDQA but the are not as easy to find as the skid steer quick attach and they usually cost more. You could convert it to SSQA for around $1000. The 3rd think I don't like is the loader is not removable. There may be a upgrade to make it removable. Many people don't ever remove their loader. If you are doing work in close quarters or mowing a field it is nice to be able to remove the loader. A removable loader also makes it easier to clean the tractor. It may make it easier to service and a major repair will be easier. I'm not trying to pick apart the Deere but these are my observations from when I was looking at tractors in this size range a few years ago. The Deere will have better resale than the Mahindra. Are there any other brands you would consider

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

Have you priced a JD3320 with all the attachments that the dealer is offering with the 3038E?

I think you are comparing two very different tractors. The 3320 is more of an apples to apples comparison.

A couple things that I would not like about the 3038 is the non quick attach loader and (I believe) it has an economy seat suspension. Basically a couple springs on the bottom of the seat. I looked at the 3032E and that was what it had under the seat.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I think the 3038 is closer to the 3016 than what a 3320 would be.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

You may be right about that. I guess I just assumed that JD was the only one with an economy model.

I would like to change my answer and say that the 3032E is more apples to apples.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 HST FEL

4310 that is correct that is my issue. If it were the 3016 vs the JD 3032 it would be easy. I am getting a step up tractor for the same price as the lower model Mahindra. the 3616 Mahindra is 20,500 tractor inc FEL vs the 3016 16,750 inc FEL That is a steep price increase for 6 HP. The JD is a more basic model but after all it is a tractor I am really leaning to the JD but am still on the fence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast