Buying Advice JD 3038e vs Mahindra 3016 almost same price

/ JD 3038e vs Mahindra 3016 almost same price #31  

Best price I got from JD on a 4105 was $25500 for Tractor and 300cx Loader. When I added in the 3rd function Hydraulic switch, single rear remote with valve and oh yeah - filling the tires with rim guard (additional at my Jd dealer)- the price was $28500. Way too much money. Also - non foldable ROPS so getting in a garage is hard. The JD Dealers I talked to said they did not even know if they could get one and that they were not sure about if it was still in production. I don't make this crap up, it is what two different JD dealers quoted me.

For that much money you can buy a Mahindra 4035 PST that is far more capable. Plus right now you can get 0% for 84 months.

/ JD 3038e vs Mahindra 3016 almost same price #32  
I heard the same comments about the 4105. When you look close it's basically a 3000 series with larger tires

/ JD 3038e vs Mahindra 3016 almost same price #33  
I took delivery of my new 3616.. BUT we had an ice storm here in North Texas that left every thing completely saturated. Now we have rain. I did rut up my back pasture just to burn some diesel and drive between events. As soon as the sun shines and we have solid ground I will take some pictures and post them. Until then my new slightly muddy tractor waits for me in the barn

I have the same problem in the wetter months and tend towards the lighter manufacturers for that very reason. I have a high water table so the wet season can be 6 months. But you will like the weight when the ground dries up. Happy tractoring.

/ JD 3038e vs Mahindra 3016 almost same price #35  
I took delivery of my new 3616.. BUT we had an ice storm here in North Texas that left every thing completely saturated. Now we have rain. I did rut up my back pasture just to burn some diesel and drive between events. As soon as the sun shines and we have solid ground I will take some pictures and post them. Until then my new slightly muddy tractor waits for me in the barn

Yes, the weather has not been cooperative around here. It's nasty today, but supposed to be good next week I think. Maybe you can find some seat time next week.

Oh, and some camera time too. ;) :thumbsup: