Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246?

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #1  

have_blue

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4400
Hi,

My dealer just called. He is having trouble getting me a Woods 1012 FEL, and has a Bush Hog M-246 in the yard.

Looks like th especs are near identical, and perhaps even shaded toward Bush Hog.

Question is, will I be happy with the Bush Hog?

I owned a Woods 1009 on my TC29 for 2 years, and really liked it. I abused it like a rented mule, and it was flawless.

Never even *seen* a Bush Hog.

Many thanks for a quick reply. I need to give him an answer soon on whether to cancel the Woods that is currently on order.

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #2  
Before you buy the M246, read this thread about Danny's experience with the same loader on his TC29D.

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #3  
This sort of thing always makes me wonder if the dealer is really having a hard time getting what you want or is he just trying to move his existing inventory?

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #4  
have blue
The Bush Hog M246 loader is a good choice for 20 - 30 hp 2WD or 4WD tractors. Good company that stands behind their products. Quick detach loaders, skid steer couplers for buckets and different bucket choices. We install quite a few on older and non-Kubota tractors.
Lewis

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #5  
<font color="blue"> The Bush Hog M246 loader is a good choice for 20 - 30 hp 2WD or 4WD tractors. Good company that stands behind their products. </font>
Danny's experience was completely different, neither the dealer nor Bush Hog stood behind their product. Plus, Danny's problems had nothing to do with the horsepower of the tractor. Rather, it had to do with the weight of the loader versus the weight of his tractor.

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246?
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( The Bush Hog M246 loader is a good choice for 20 - 30 hp 2WD or 4WD tractors. )</font>

I just got back from my NH dealer, and looked at the BH M-246. What a monster, heavy scoop! When I let the scoop down a few inches quickly, it bounced the TC35 like my Woods on my TC29 when it was totally full of dirt.

I am concerned by the non-bushed lower end on the curling strut, but impressed by the easy access of all the Zerk fittings.

I am concerned by the shaky joy stick bracket. A whack on the side of it resulted in a lot of shaking back and forth for several seconds. I think that would wear thin on me.

In spite of the things I do like about the BH, I just called my dealer and told him to scuttle the deal. I don't want this monster ripping the lungs out of my new TC35 while mowing and plowing.

I was very pleased with my Woods 1009 (which Mosey should have got for his TC29!), so the 1012 will be even nicer. Especially since a full 66" scoop will weigh less than a full 60" scoop on the BH.

Thanks for the quick responses.

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #7  
I too have a Woods 1009 FEL on my DK35.It has performed and done everything I could ask of it.If you know the product than stick with it.I find it hard to believe he would have trouble getting you a Woods FEL.It also sounds to me like he wants to move his in stock inventory.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This sort of thing always makes me wonder if the dealer is really having a hard time getting what you want or is he just trying to move his existing inventory? )</font>

Very good point, but I was the one who asked my dealer if he had another FEL in the yard. Sorry for being unclear.

/ Quick! Woods 1012 or Bush Hog M-246? #9  
have blue,
Out of sheer nosiness and curiosity. How come your not getting the 16LA loader ?

Costs $1000 more, same specs a Woods 1012. At least I think that's the one my dealer compared.