Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #1  

BlakeEatmon

Tractor
john deere
I currently have a 2007 JD 4520 ehydro OS with FEL that I have been using for maintaining 10 acres around my home. Mainly bush hogging, loader work, grading driveway etc. I recently purchased the adjacent 100 acres next to my house and I'm looking at upgrading to a cabbed tractor. It mainly consists of woods but it has several 30 food wide paths that will have to be maintained as well as a five acre field that I plan to keep planted year round for wildlife. That will be the main uses for my tractor other than loader work, some clearing, additional food plots etc. I like the hydrostatic drive of the 4720 but I'm also thinking it may be good to go up in size to one of the 5000 series machines. I will be doing a lot more loader work and pulling a disc. Thinking that the M series might be a little bit overkill but worried that the E series machine will not be as nice as what I already have other than a cab. Please chime in guys. I would like to make a decision soon and need some input. Thanks in advance!

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #2  
I have a similar situation. We own 120 acre farm, 70% woods and 30% fields. I had been using a oliver 550 and a john deere 4320 to maintain the farm and put in about 15 acres of plots. I have 30 acres that I rent out. I just ordered a john deere 5085e(check out the JD forum for options). I should have it by February. I was tired of the bugs and dust in the summer and the cold of winter. I also wanted to in the future farm all the tillable land. I just couldn't justify another 10 grand for m series tractor. I been researching for 3 months and looked at a lot of tractors. Dollar for dollar the 85e seems like a great machine for the money. It's more tractor then I need now, but I know I'll grow into it.

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab
Thanks for sharing. After going out to my dealer today and looking again, I have narrowed it down to the 5000 series for sure. Now to make a decision between the E and the M. Can anyone tell me what the exact differences are besides the cab layout?

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #4  
I can only speak of the 85 series. The m's have electronic 3 point, external 3 point hyd. cylinder(lifts 1300lbs more then the e, also upgradable to more weight) Has adjustable sway bars instead of chains for 3 point, You can upgrade to this on the 85e model. Built heavier, with new 85e model there is 500lbs between the E and M. M has more hydraulic output, I believe 2 or 3 GPM more. From what I've seen the cab in the E model and M model are the same now unless you pick the deluxe cab for the M series. M also has most functions push button(electric over hydraulic) where the E is manual levers. Looks like since the E went to tier 4 the motors almost identical. They also come with air seat, upgrade for E. Both doors open on M, upgrade for E. You can only get bias tires on E, M comes with radials. There both built in Georgia. If they wouldn't of updated the E last year I think I would have waited to save some more money for the M. I believe the E is a lot closer to the m now. Hope this helps, not sure how it stacks up with the 75's

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #5  
if your going to buy 1 of the tractors go with the 5075 no q about it.

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #6  
I wouldn't think you would be gaining much going from a 4520 to a 4720, other than the cab. What size disk will you be pulling? Any other equipment, planters, cultipacker, hay baling equipment? Since you like the hydrostatic you currently have I would suggest getting a hydraulic shuttle.

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #7  
I can only speak of the 85 series. The m's have electronic 3 point, external 3 point hyd. cylinder(lifts 1300lbs more then the e, also upgradable to more weight) Has adjustable sway bars instead of chains for 3 point, You can upgrade to this on the 85e model. Built heavier, with new 85e model there is 500lbs between the E and M. M has more hydraulic output, I believe 2 or 3 GPM more. From what I've seen the cab in the E model and M model are the same now unless you pick the deluxe cab for the M series. M also has most functions push button(electric over hydraulic) where the E is manual levers. Looks like since the E went to tier 4 the motors almost identical. They also come with air seat, upgrade for E. Both doors open on M, upgrade for E. You can only get bias tires on E, M comes with radials. There both built in Georgia. If they wouldn't of updated the E last year I think I would have waited to save some more money for the M. I believe the E is a lot closer to the m now. Hope this helps, not sure how it stacks up with the 75's

The 5075E is actually made in India.

/ Help,Can't decide - New JD4720 Cab or JD5075E Cab or JD 5065M Cab #9  
I was only speaking of the 5085e.

I know, I was just pointing it out since it's one of the models he mentioned, and the other two are made in Georgia (which is a good thing). R,