Alberta Roughneck Looking To Invest In Some Equipment, Pricing? Where To Start?

/ Alberta Roughneck Looking To Invest In Some Equipment, Pricing? Where To Start? #1  

MacDizzle

Tractor
Madill
Hi guys, im from Vancouver Island B.C. I work as a rig hand in Alberta and am looking to start accumulating some machinery to start working for myself at some point. I have used Bobcats and am familiar with Madill Feller-buncher machines and excavators(Part Time HD Mechanics for logging equipment). What are your guys thoughts on someone trying to set out on this path? Im looking to start small and start looking at pricing for small equipment for land clearing and small yard jobs. This is a plan that ive had for some time and I think its time to start making dreams a reality, I need goals in my head to help me get through the **** of working as a roughneck and things to work toward. Where should I start looking for new or used equipment? IMG_1898.jpg

/ Alberta Roughneck Looking To Invest In Some Equipment, Pricing? Where To Start? #2  
There is a discrete forum for LAND CLEARING EQUIPMENT. Post there.

Last edited:
   / Alberta Roughneck Looking To Invest In Some Equipment, Pricing? Where To Start? #3  
Starting out, I believe a decent Backhoe is probably the most in demand unit around. All the guys that have specialty stuff wind up having it sit for most the year.

/ Alberta Roughneck Looking To Invest In Some Equipment, Pricing? Where To Start? #4  
What are you looking to do? Land Clearing (ie: mulching)? Logging? Excevation?

Aaron Z

/ Alberta Roughneck Looking To Invest In Some Equipment, Pricing? Where To Start? #6  
:welcome: to TractorByNet!

Good luck and post pictures of what you get. :thumbsup: