Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property
Very cool, looks nice. What are the specs?

61 inch deck, 27 HP Kohler Command, suspension seat, not sure if it has the Parker or Hydro-Gear pumps.

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #32  
Buy the tractor.
If you need to justify mowing the grass to get one, than do it.
A zero turn would be faster mowing, but it sounds like you want a tractor...so compromise and get the tractor;)
It will certainly be faster mowing than your 42 inch craftsman, and you will have a tractor to play with.:thumbsup:

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property
Buy the tractor.
If you need to justify mowing the grass to get one, than do it.
A zero turn would be faster mowing, but it sounds like you want a tractor...so compromise and get the tractor;)
It will certainly be faster mowing than your 42 inch craftsman, and you will have a tractor to play with.:thumbsup:

Too late... that pic is from inside my shed. :D

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #34  
I guess I missed that, looks nice:thumbsup:

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #35  
Suggest you really consider the Zero Turn Mower first. We put more hours per year on our JD Z820-A than our two tractors combined. We have about 8 acres around the house at ranch and lots of trees everywhere. Our Kubota B2710 has a 72" MMM and use it a couple times a year in the open areas of the 8 acres. We use the NH TL-100A with big Bush Hog in large pastures.

Buy a ZT and keep your eyes open for a good deal on a SCUT or CUT (with FEL) traded in at local dealer for a bigger tractor.

IMHO Don't believe you will ever think you bought too much tractor.

Rick

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #36  
congratulations that's a nice unit. now you can get a bigger tractor since you don't have to worry about mowing!! :)

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #37  
Suggest you really consider the Zero Turn Mower first. We put more hours per year on our JD Z820-A than our two tractors combined. We have about 8 acres around the house at ranch and lots of trees everywhere. Our Kubota B2710 has a 72" MMM and use it a couple times a year in the open areas of the 8 acres. We use the NH TL-100A with big Bush Hog in large pastures. Buy a ZT and keep your eyes open for a good deal on a SCUT or CUT (with FEL) traded in at local dealer for a bigger tractor. IMHO Don't believe you will ever think you bought too much tractor. Rick

Duh! Sorry! Scanned thru first two pages and missed that you took my advise on getting a ZT first before I actually offered it. ;-). Nice choice!

NOW, onward and upward on your search for your tractor.

Good luck!

Rick

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #38  
Congrats on the Scag. I'm green with envy.

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #39  
Wanted to finish up this thread. I went with the used Scag. 92 hours on the clock. Now I just need to learn how to run the zero turn controls efficiently.

View attachment 352976

Looks really clean...that'll do some serious mowing, for a very, very long time!

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #40  
Personally I love my zero turn. I mow around 5 acres and could not imagine doing it with my tractor...However there is only 1 thing my zero turn is good for, haha.