Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #51  
I blow off the grass from top of the deck after each mowing. If I get into mud and it gets on and under the deck, I hose that off. My deck if flat on top so no danger of getting water into the spindles like on some of the pressed steel decks. I also hose out the mud from the crawfish mounds about every other mowing. I have literally hundreds of crawfish mounds that keep coming back after every mowing. I sure wish someone would tell me how to kill those suckers. Not only do they look unsightly, but they dull the blades and throw mud up under the deck.

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #52  
I blow off the grass from top of the deck after each mowing. If I get into mud and it gets on and under the deck, I hose that off. My deck if flat on top so no danger of getting water into the spindles like on some of the pressed steel decks. I also hose out the mud from the crawfish mounds about every other mowing. I have literally hundreds of crawfish mounds that keep coming back after every mowing. I sure wish someone would tell me how to kill those suckers. Not only do they look unsightly, but they dull the blades and throw mud up under the deck.

Gary;

Trade you for gopher mounds? At least you can eat crawfish. :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #53  
You made a great decision and opted for a good commercial grade mower. Anyone trying to save money and buying a cheap ($3000 or less) box store mower will regret it in a few seasons. The decks are not that great and will rust out quickly, the transmissions are cheap and if malfunctions happen which is very likely, they are throw away but will cost about $1000 per wheel to replace which basically makes the mower a use and trash mower as not much can be repaired. I bet you like that suspension seat on the Scag. I like the suspension on the Ferris and it is pretty smooth but I have been thinking of putting a suspension seat on it especially since I have one setting on the shelf in my shop. I would then have the best of both worlds in mowing.

NOW, start looking for that tractor that you wanted.

I just bought a used Ferris IS3100z with 102 hrs on the clock and upgraded the seat to their suspension version and this thing rocks! The seat has adjustable tilt, lumbar and for and aft plus the suspension of course.

I have a fairly new Cub Cadet tractor that works pretty well but it's a night and day difference between the two. Talk about a time saver! Anybody need a great condition Cub Cadet?

Geez, I almost forgot it didn't really happen without pictures!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
   / Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #54  
I just bought a used Ferris IS3100z with 102 hrs on the clock and upgraded the seat to their suspension version and this thing rocks! The seat has adjustable tilt, lumbar and for and aft plus the suspension of course.

I have a fairly new Cub Cadet tractor that works pretty well but it's a night and day difference between the two. Talk about a time saver! Anybody need a great condition Cub Cadet?

Geez, I almost forgot it didn't really happen without pictures!!

Very nice!

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property
Anybody need a great condition Cub Cadet?

I'm keeping my Craftsman for leaf season to pull my cyclone rake and for tractor rides for the kids in the little yard trailer. But I grantee you it doesn't cut a blade of grass ever again.

/ Zero turn or tractor, 2.5 acre property #56  
I'm keeping my Craftsman for leaf season to pull my cyclone rake and for tractor rides for the kids in the little yard trailer. But I grantee you it doesn't cut a blade of grass ever again.

My Ferris has a hitch so the grand kids won't be missing any seat time.:)

Unfortunately I fear Gary Fowler has hit on the right combination. What a guy REALLY needs are a big and small tractor, one with a backhoe of course. A zero turn mower and a side by side UTV. Plus a bunch of attachments for all of course.

Man this site is expensive!!!