Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #11  
I say test drive them all, then decide that's how I picked mine. All dealers are a PITA anyway so after the warranty is out you wont want anything to do with them.

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #12  
I say test drive them all, then decide that's how I picked mine. All dealers are a PITA anyway so after the warranty is out you wont want anything to do with them.

One option I find very important on a tractor with a back-hoe , is having only one seat that turns instead of having to change seat when operating the back-hoe. Also the boom must swing 90 degrees each sides. Good luck .

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #13  
One option I find very important on a tractor with a back-hoe , is having only one seat that turns instead of having to change seat when operating the back-hoe. Also the boom must swing 90 degrees each sides. Good luck .

Then you want a TLB.

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #14  
Just FYI I cannot find an LS dealer in my area and I did drive the Mahindra Max 22.

LS is definitely still building their dealer network....looks like their only NH dealer is in New Boston.

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E
Thanks for all the help and advice. I decided to go with the Deere.

I did check out the LS (the dealer listed was a guy at his house selling out of his backyard) and I was leaning toward the Massey initially, until I went to the dealer and found that to match the Deere package the two were the same price but the Massey couldnt take a backhoe.

Delivery is Monday and I am praying it doesnt snow too much between now and then because I sold my snowblower!! It's kind of like a late christmas :D

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #16  

Hi I... I am in the process of looking to replace my JD2210 which I really have liked as it has done the job and more for the past 11 years, but with only 834 hours the service calls (different issues here and there) by the local green service is costing a bundle and not really solving the problems. Also, I need new front tires, blah blah blah..

So I am now also looking at the MF 1705 machine w/ FEL, MMM, and front snow blade..

My question though is.. A few people here imply that for servicing these tractors you don't have to really count on the dealer with the implication that there are other 3rd party independent tractor mechanics/service centers out there.. I am here in Northern Virginia and I haven't found a single independent.. Can you enlighten me? I am always willing to learn something new, other than becoming a tractor mechanic.

Thanks,

Mike

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #17  
I think more often than not the comments you see reflect these two sentiments:
1. Other than normal maintenance, these tractors are reliable enough that they seldom need anything more than the most basic of repairs.
2. Being that many/most tractor owners possess a measure of mechanical skill, they can do most maintenance and repairs on their own.
If you can do your own oil changes, etc. on your car, it's not a big jump to do basic maintenance and repairs on a tractor. If your car goes to the dealer when a fuse or turn signal bulb needs replacing, having dealer support nearby for your tractor will mean a lot.

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #18  
Hi I... I am in the process of looking to replace my JD2210 which I really have liked as it has done the job and more for the past 11 years, but with only 834 hours the service calls (different issues here and there) by the local green service is costing a bundle and not really solving the problems. Also, I need new front tires, blah blah blah..

So I am now also looking at the MF 1705 machine w/ FEL, MMM, and front snow blade..

My question though is.. A few people here imply that for servicing these tractors you don't have to really count on the dealer with the implication that there are other 3rd party independent tractor mechanics/service centers out there.. I am here in 0Northern Virginia and I haven't found a single independent.. Can you enlighten me? I am always willing to learn something new, other than becoming a tractor mechanic.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, with the current incentives on the Massey GC1705 and GC1715 . . I think you're looking at a nice replacement unit. I know I've been impressed with my new unit. I looked at many . . liked some disliked some . . but the Gc1700 units are a combo hard to beat.

/ Massey GC 1705 vs. Deere 1023E #19  
I think more often than not the comments you see reflect these two sentiments:
1. Other than normal maintenance, these tractors are reliable enough that they seldom need anything more than the most basic of repairs.
2. Being that many/most tractor owners possess a measure of mechanical skill, they can do most maintenance and repairs on their own.
If you can do your own oil changes, etc. on your car, it's not a big jump to do basic maintenance and repairs on a tractor. If your car goes to the dealer when a fuse or turn signal bulb needs replacing, having dealer support nearby for your tractor will mean a lot.

I agree with the above ^^^^

ChinaSailor, you should compare the cost of fixing up your existing tractor to the cost of a replacement tractor with trade. Frequent trading will probably cost more than repairing what you already have no matter what brand you have. The MF 1705 is a good machine and comparable to your 2210 but how much will repairs be to fix it when it breaks?

I would think that buying new tires and a few repairs will cost a lot less than replacing the tractor. In your case if you don't want to play mechanic then shop the repair facilities at the back of the stores, if you can figure out who offers the best service that is the brand to buy. The tractors are likely to be more comparable to each other than the repair facilties.