Ranch Tractor buying question

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #1  

Rynoz

Tractor
Kubota or John deere
I'm looking to make a purchase of a cab model 4whd, Kubota or JD. I need a machine big enough to till a 1 acre garden, dig trenches for electrical lines, have a strong FEL, and run a brush hog or snow blower. I am looking at the JD 5085e"or M" or the kubota L6060. My background is construction grade backhoes and loaders so these are much smaller than what I am use to, but much more versatile when looking at implements. My research may be misleading but I believe a 50-60k machine has 20 to 30 percent profit in it, so a fair price for the machine would also be helpfull.
Thanks!!

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #2  
Those are very different machines you are talking about.

/ Ranch Tractor buying question
That's why I'm on a forum looking for advice to the best tractor for my needs. A dealer will sometimes sell you what needs to be sold and not what you need.

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #4  
I'm looking to make a purchase of a cab model 4whd, Kubota or JD. I need a machine big enough to till a 1 acre garden, dig trenches for electrical lines, have a strong FEL, and run a brush hog or snow blower. I am looking at the JD 5085e"or M" or the kubota L6060. My background is construction grade backhoes and loaders so these are much smaller than what I am use to, but much more versatile when looking at implements. My research may be misleading but I believe a 50-60k machine has 20 to 30 percent profit in it, so a fair price for the machine would also be helpfull.
Thanks!!
The JD 5085 series tractor is a much larger tractor then the 6060 kubota. 85 is close to 10000lb machine with FEL. I think if you want to stay with a smaller tractor like 6060, you should look at the JD 4000 series. I have spent a lot of time on a JD 4320 with a back hoe and it's impressive machine for its size. Had a 1' bucket and would dig no problem in hard clay. 4000 series cabs are real nice also. I looked at the kubota l6060 and would prefer the JD over it. I priced a JD4720 and they where real close in price.

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #5  
I run the Kubota M7040,cab 4wd. Somethings I do with it is run a 74in.tiller,it runs it no problem. I till my food plots around 2acres,fix the cattle pastures after hogs been in there and till the garden. I run two different pull type shredders ones a 8ft and the other a 12ft. It also pulls a 4x5 baler,8ft hay cutter and rake. The M8560 would do it no problem if that's the model your looking at compares to the JD5085E both those would be a great tractor. 8560 should be somewhere around the 47/48 mark, and the 9960 coming in around 50/51,both depending on options like number of remotes,rear wiper,etc. Last I heard on the L6060 was around 42/43 ,that is like mentioned a lot smaller frame,smaller cab but will lhave ittle more bells and whistles in cab,don't know much about them. I think the M7060 will come in around same price as L6060.

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #6  
I run an open station M for rotary mowing, light hay work, planting and cultivating. I have owned several economy oriented 5 series tractors and they get the job done, but lack some features and quality I've come to appreciate. A good seat for starters. I like the full frame and flat platform like on my 6 series.

It has plenty of hydro power, important for headland work in my case and for others the FEL. Mine also has three SCV's with multiple detents and flow control.

We put 500 hours on this machine this year, I bought at exactly this time last year and had it delivered in march. I was concerned the tractor would feel too big cultivating corn, but it tracks very nicely and did a great job over the dozen acres or so I did getting the implement dialed in.

The 5085m is by far the best 5 series I've owned, but it is more machine than you need to spend money on. The E series is perfect for part time operators, or full time operators that just don't care about features or really need to watch their $. For my operation ill get overall better work from operators, and I like to run the machine. It's nice to enjoy running your machines. This machine runs my mcHale bale wrapper and I love cranking out about 18 bales/hour with it. Lots of smooth power on the low end, a great transmission.

It stands in for the 6330 running the big Kuhn moco or baler but in heavy hay it is working in the top of its range. Not a goto machine for tillage, doesn't do much for us there. Tried it on a chisel plow and it couldn't really handle it with its light weight.

Otherwise a good all around farm tractor. What I think I remember you describing in your original post was more of a need for a garden tractor. A two acre garden and a few other jobs can be handled by a much smaller affordable tractor.

Good Luck-

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #7  
How many acres will you be brush hogging? Like the others have said there is a big difference between the two tractors you are looking at, a compact versus an ag tractor. If you aren't brush hogging more than 15 acres or so then I would look at the L6060 or the 4720 from Deere.

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #8  
the new 7060 cab tractor should fit your needs just fine.or you could step up to the 8560 cab.

/ Ranch Tractor buying question
Ok I've found a dealer and have decided"not paid for yet" on a 2010 L39 with 200 hours. Backhoe, two buckets, loader, 74 inch tiller, box blade and 78 inch bush hog for $40k+. I'm hoping it will be big enough for our needs. I think the deal is ok but just don't know about the size of the tractor

/ Ranch Tractor buying question #10  
It won't have a cab like you originally wanted but it is a fine machine for the list of uses in your first post. Can't help you much on the price as I've never priced them. Some others will chime in and give you ideas on pricing.