Helped a Neighbor Yesterday

/ Helped a Neighbor Yesterday #1  

azkubotaguy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060
He saw a Kubota on Craigslist, called me up and asked if I would go look at it with him, said sure no problem. I had no idea what the tractor model (L2201DT) was until we pulled up, the guy was asking $ 9000.00 for it. So I searched TractorByNet on my phone and it turns out from a thread back in 2002 this tractor was worth 3-4K back in 2002. So we look over the tractor, radiator has a leak, engine has leak, belt severely cracked, on and on, etc.

I told my neighbor it would do what you want for light duty stuff, but the guys price is absurd at 9K. The guy selling it heard me and said a dealer offered him $ 8500.00 for it, I told him load it up quick and get on down to the dealer as fast as you can. :laughing:

Tractor kubota 4x4

Attachments

• 2201dt.jpg
    2201dt.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 251
   / Helped a Neighbor Yesterday #2  
The power of information!!!!!

The owner has lowered his asking price to $8k as of 12/23/ @ 10:10 ET. The dealer must have reneged. ;)

Steve

/ Helped a Neighbor Yesterday #6  
I have always been told that Kubota policy was not to support grey market in any way. I would not touch it unless it was way cheaper than he is asking.

/ Helped a Neighbor Yesterday #7  
Did your neighbor buy you a six pack or least a MacRib? You did him a big favor.

/ Helped a Neighbor Yesterday #9  
That sounds like about everything I see on Craigslist. Everyone exaggerates their asking price and it just snowballs as the next guy that refers to a previous ad for XXX dollars says his is better looking and adds a few hundred to the price and on it goes. No one ever posts the actual selling price and Tractorhouse.com is just as bad with outrageous pricing there also. Auction prices aren't much better depending on whether you have lots of pockets full of money and bidding wars take place. I say a really beat up tandem axle utility trailer with worn out tires, beat up fenders, rotten boards go for $1200 once when a brand new one was only $1500 at the time. I would be ashamed to even put some of the things I see at auctions in the trash much less try to sell them. Same for some of the Craigslist items, most of which if they are bargains, they are scams or have been snapped up within minutes or hours of posting.

/ Helped a Neighbor Yesterday #10  
It cracks me up sometimes what people think their stuff is worth. Market dictates price, and some people have a hard time accepting that. Your neighbor can get a lot of tractor for $13k, so $9k for that one is crazy.

That sounds like about everything I see on Craigslist. Everyone exaggerates their asking price and it just snowballs as the next guy that refers to a previous ad for XXX dollars says his is better looking and adds a few hundred to the price and on it goes. .

Your right Gary ... but sometimes, a legitimate deal comes along ... like this!

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/4249771533.html