Price Check Price Check - Kubota bx2200

/ Price Check - Kubota bx2200 #1  

LISsailor

Tractor
Shopping
Hi and good to be here.

I am about to close on my new house in two weeks and have been researching heavily for about a month. The property is 4 acres with about 1.5-2 of grass. I also want to move snow and materials around. This has put me in the small SCUT and large GT categories. Anyway, I have slowly gotten more comfortable increasing my original budget of $5k to less than $10k. I went to look at new Kubota's (bx2370) and the price was a bit more than I want to commit. They were around $15k before taxes/etc. So I am now looking used and hoping to get roughly the same machine for much less. I would like to keep this machine for a long time which is why I was trying to justify a new machine, but there are other fish to fry moving into a new-to-me house.

Some of my brief reading into the bx2200 seems mostly positive except for a few issues regarding the fuel tank and some other things. I am somewhat handy but would be intimidated with troubleshooting complex issues like hydro lines, etc so I am a little scared of buying a used complex machine with no warranty.

I have found the tractor here:
Kubota BX2200 4wd Diesel with Loader, PTO, 3pt 221 hours

It seems like a good price but I would need to find a deck. I have heard that it may be a challenge to find the deck for this machine. Is that true? If I cannot source a used one, I would not be averse to buying a new deck from the dealer since I am saving so much on a new machine. Just need to make sure they have compatible decks.

Are there huge differences between this and the newer BX's? I know about the cooling fan, but that seems minor. Let me know your thoughts on this setup. I am very grateful.

/ Price Check - Kubota bx2200 #2  
Keep looking. You'll find one with a deck for right about that price. Expand your search, perhaps, to include BX1830, BX1860, BX2200, BX2230. I assume you are also familiar with TractorHouse.

Those sell here for your budget. $7K-$8K. Patience is a virtue when shopping these units. I'd travel up to 150 miles to get the right deal too. Just sayin'.

Bottom line to your question is no, finding a used deck is often very hard and buying it separately for say $1200 jacks the price too much, imho. The package deal, new or used, is always sweeter.

/ Price Check - Kubota bx2200 #3  
I went through this process recently. I would agree that it would be much better to try to get a unit with a mower, (if you intend to mow with this unit that is). I think once you have to start adding new attachments at dealer prices, some of the original used tractor deal value is lost. Also, the ad stated the ballast box was not included for the machine you are considering, and to get much use out of the loader you'll need to budget for a rear implement or box for ballast. To protect that HST fan you will also need some kind of under armor for the bx if you are going to stray off the lawn. You most likely know about tractordata.com which lists specs for most tractors big and small. Good luck, learning and finding the proper machine, for you, is fun.