Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Default Re: New Compact Tractor Purchase

Guess I can chime in now about my kubota B2320. If the salesman told me my tractor could do the stuff I have done with it I would have told him he exaggerates. I live on 5 acres that were ROUGH when I built my house, and I turned it into a real nice lawn and yard. Hauled and dug dirt and rocks, stumps, graded dirt, plowed and blowed snow, pulled logs, and planted trees.

Most people on here have done the same with their machines, and many of us have had questions/issues/close calls. Kubota is my first and only tractor, and I would make the same purchase today if I had to buy another.

Take your time and shop around--- sit in the seat and really understand the utility and operation of it. Best of luck.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

I don't like quoted prices when dealers include implements....they all tend to be at the very high end when it comes to implement prices. For what you'd be doing, the CK would be a nice size, and an excellent machine.

I'd compare similar sized machines from kubota and Deere where you'll usually find the highest price for a set size/performance, then Massey Ferguson, Yanmar, and Mahindra (middle ground) then take a look at an LS (similar price range to Kioti). I'd skip New Holland, and Case/International, because you can buy the same machine from LS for thousands less. I don't have all the brand sizes memorized, but the comparable LS would be a G3033 or G3038 (33 and 38hp)...right around $16k, and a loader that lifts around 400lbs more.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Get something big enough. I bought 4 tractors and finally have one that is. It is a whole lot more enjoyable.

Tractor
    2013 LS U5030

Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    Get something big enough. I bought 4 tractors and finally have one that is. It is a whole lot more enjoyable.
    Definitely agree with this. I bought a larger tractor than I thought I needed and for not much more money.
    G.RAB

Veteran Member
    Olalla WA, Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Don't discount the SCUTS like the BX25. I have one that I have put 1000 HRs on in 3 years. Probably will do everything the larger tractors will do except, speed of operations, plowing, and lifting over 500# with the FEL and you get the BH. I use the FEL and BH for things they were never designed to do. I handle a 50 GL tank of diesel with my FEL with no problem since I increased the HYD pressure to 2K PSI. There is another thread active right now on the same subject so check out the kubota section and see more detail I have posted there.

Ron

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

I agree on the size ... always get a tractor 1 size larger than you think you'll need, they shrink within the first week of ownership!

I owned a Kioti CK20 and loved it. Was very capable for the size, and had a stronger loader than comparable Kubotas. Had a couple small warranty repairs but otherwise a very good tractor. I'd skip the CK35, only because the loader is weak compared to other tractors in that class. If you really like the CK35 size, the LS G3033/38 or R3039 will offer stronger loaders for less money.

If you're content with the Mahindra MAX size, also checkout the LS J2030 or J2023 ... cheaper & as good or better specs.

Most all of the competing tractors from any of the brands will be good (and closely spec'd for the most part), so it'll come down to how you personally feel about each tractor, the dealer, price, etc. You can't really go wrong with any of them, just that some may be slightly better in certain areas than others.

1 final recommendation, if you're choosing a hydrostat trans (which I HIGHLY recommend) get one with 3 ranges (L,M,H). My CK20 was only a 2 range (L,H) and I now find myself in M range 90% of the time, as do most HST users.
    Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZT mower
    2007 F-450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipment Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft Western QA snow plow (still under construction)

315 hrs @ 10/13/04

Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

Quote Originally Posted by graborn View Post
    Definitely agree with this. I bought a larger tractor than I thought I needed and for not much more money.
    that's 3 of us -
    being a new property to you ,the jobs that a tractor can be used for seem to multiply.
    With experience tractors seem to shrink because of new larger jobs that seem to come up.
    Since you already have a capable mower, a larger machine may be a better bet if the budget will allow..

Silver Member George the Beagle's Avatar
    Tractor
    BX 1860

Quote Originally Posted by kcflhrc View Post
    Anyone want to buy a slightly used 2011 Harley Road King Classic?
    I've been an avid rider for over 40 years, but I've only put about 1500 miles on my Gold Wing since I got my kubota about three years ago. :-)

Tractor
    IH 560, JD 318, JD 777 zero turn w 72" deck, 2014 JD 2032R w 72" MMM, H130 FEL w ballast box, 54" front snow blade

I'll ring in from Green / yellow land for a moment. Just purchased a 32HP HST AWD JD 2032R with 72" mmm, H130 fel, and front snow / dirt blade for $23,600. I've only had it for a month and have 11 hours on it, but so far I love it. I have a 10 acre home site with 5 acres that I finish mow and 5 acres of woods. I also have a JD 777 72" zero turn that I will be selling in the spring, plus a JD 318 with several attachments, plus a IH 560, all going up for sale in the spring. I got the 2032 to replace all of these and thus far I think my plan is working. I have always had good luck with Deere. A little more money at purchase time, but a lot more money if you want to sell it later on down the road. The 2032 has awesome power and versatility and the big attachments go on and off in a few minutes with no tools required. I will be purchasing a Cyclone material collection system in the spring, as I liked it's features and capacity over the JD offering. Good luck with whatever you end up buying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12