Buying Advice Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #1  

entiel

Tractor
Deere
Hello All,

This is my first post. I joined 6 months ago and have been lurking a long time before that. Just trying to absorb all the knowledge here. I finally got the wife on board for a tractor purchase and I'm ready to start checking out the dealerships.

First about my needs: I want a TLB package from a major manufacturer to maintain a 3 acre, flat, wooded lot (2 acres thick with underbrush). I will do some vegetable gardening, correct property drainage, move timber, etc. Projects: Pole barn construction beginning in April, 600 sq. ft. paver patio sometime thereafter, and split rail fence on perimeter.

As you can see in the title, I have narrowed my choices but I'm keeping an open mind to anything that isn't green.
Budget is about 18-20K. Looking for most bang for the buck. Here's what I've glossed so far.

Kubota: Looking at BX25, considering B2320.
Good: 10 miles to dealer. Resale value.
Bad: Limited Cat1, runs at higher RPM, exposed oil cooling fan.

Massey: GC2410.
Good: Pedal layout, boom float.
Bad: 50+ miles to dealer. Lowest lifting capacity.

Mahindra: Max22, maybe Max25.
Good: Highest lifting capacity.
Bad: 50+ miles to dealer. Refinements

Comments or other considerations?

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #2  
For a subcompact TLB, I'd pick the BX25. The exposed HST fan can be solved with $150 and a phone call to BXpanded. Here: BXpanded Under Armor

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #3  
Which ones have you sat on yet? Have you been to them yet? What are the cost on the ones chosen When you find these answers the machine hunt will become easy for you.

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #4  
Not sure where you came to the info on BX being limited Cat 1. All subcuts are limited in that they do not have the height to pick up taller implements. Kubota does not list the BX as being "limited" Cat 1.

The HST fan is also present on the Massey, if I recall correctly.

In the end, it will come down to your comfort factor with the machine, its reputation and dealer relationship. Look at them all. You'll find the one that suits you best.

Arguably, the Max is a different "class" of tractor altogether. More in keeping with the smallest CUT tractors from Kubota, such as the B2320, B2620 and B2920.
I understand Mahindra is returning to the true subcut field with a new eMax unit.

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #5  
I have been looking for a while as you. From what I have seen for under $20k you should be able to get a bigger tractor than those. From what I have seen the LS Tractors seem to give you the most bang for the buck and it has very high ratings. I was quoted $16,300 for the G3033H and $16,900 for the G3038H. Those prices were with loader, no back hoe. Not sure what the back hoe would add to the price, I didn't price one.

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #6  
For a wooded lot and vegetable gardening you may be better with a little more ground clearance .
Sub compacts are best for yard and driveway maintenance . I do lots of brush clearing and a small garden with my GC 2400 but my primary use is mowing and driveway maintenance so it`s the perfect
size for my needs.

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #7  
I'd look at the Deere 1025R TLB as well. It will probably come in around the same price as the others and has some premium features they don't.

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #8  
I would go wit he BX 25 if it was my choice of those 3.

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #9  
The BX is really all you need. You did state limited Cat 1 on the hitch and that is on all sub compacts! The fan issue is not really much of a problem if you are cautious! Just beware, one of the options to the fan is an aluminum oil cooler that when you get a limb in that will break it and there you will sit with your oil on the ground! The BX still drives home!

/ Kubota BX25 vs MF GC2410 vs Mahindra Max #10  
The MAX will be the better of the three at loader and backhoe chores, mainly due to bigger size. No substitute for weight. I'd also look at a Kioti CK20. More in line with the Mahindra MAX. Much more tractor for the money than the SCUTS. In the SCUTs, the JD 102X series are pretty nice. Go bigger, though. You won't be sorry you did.