LS G3038 hydro or TYM T353 Hydro

/ LS G3038 hydro or TYM T353 Hydro #1  

kcflhrc

Veteran Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3032E
Looking for some advice here on these 2 tractors. They seem very comparable. The TYM has a little less HP but has a tilt wheel, and the FEL loader control seems placed a little better. I believe the TYM aso has a set of hydraulic remotes out the back. My wife will be using this tractor also so the tilt wheel appeals to me since she is only 5' 3". Any other things to consider on these 2? Price is the same on either, $16,900.

Thanks

/ LS G3038 hydro or TYM T353 Hydro #2  
The TYM is a bit heavier, which I think is good, but may not apply to your planned uses. The two things that stand out for the LS are the extra 5hp at the PTO, which will let you run an implement that's a foot wider (generally), and the extra 650lbs of FEL lift capacity (although to a lower max height, which makes the lift capacity closer in reality). Tilt and remotes are definitely a big plus if you don't have to pay for them. You can't add tilt, but I'd figured two remotes would run you about $1k to add.

/ LS G3038 hydro or TYM T353 Hydro #3  
I would consider the one with the most features, intended use and my gut feeling about the dealer. Also look around the dealership. Is it dirty or clean, have a large number of unit waiting at the service department and junky greasy appearance in and around the service department are all good things to look at.

/ LS G3038 hydro or TYM T353 Hydro #4  
The only perspective I can offer is that there are MORE LS owners reporting in this forum, yet seemingly LESS reported problems than in the TYM section. Percentage wise from what I've seen on this forum, LS seems to have very few people reporting problems.

But with that said, money talks, especially with more options. I believe both have about the same warranty, so go with whichever one your wife prefers.

/ LS G3038 hydro or TYM T353 Hydro #6  
I must have been reading the wrong spec. when I was looking at tractors, I did not see that much difference in PTO horsepower and the FEL was better on the TYM. all the 353 reviews I read was very good.