Buying Advice Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power?

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #12  
We have four Kubotas and really, really like them, but given these choices, I would go with the Kioti for the additional weight, position control 3PH, extendable lower lift arms etc.

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #13  
we have a Kioti Dealer 20 mins from us and Had them quote me on a CK35HST with the Free FEL program it came out to $19573

Of the models you've mentioned, the CK35HST is the one that best seems to fit the jobs you mentioned. I'm a big fan of Kioti tractors, and I won't say anything bad about them, but in that particular model/size, you can spend roughly the same amount of money (under $20K) and get more machine with an LS R3039HST. It would weigh a couple hundred pounds less (not necessarily a positive), have similar extendable 3pt lift arms, and stabilizer bars, lift a touch more on the 2pt, have the same basic wheelbase, and overall length, comes with two remotes standard instead of one, has 3.5hp more at the PTO, and it has an FEL that can lift 1,100lbs more than the KL130 on the CK30....literally double the max lift to the same height (within an inch). For moving firewood/logs, that would be a big plus in my book. The loader is what really sets the R3039 apart from machines in the size range of the CK30....which is odd, because if you go up one size, the Kioti loader is a bit more powerful, and has more lift height than the comparative LS loader. :confused3:

The good thing is, you can't really go wrong with any of the machines you've talked about....one might be faster, or slower, than the other, but it'll let you get the job done.

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power?
Appreciate all the feedback everyone! -- thank you.

Something else I have to factor in.. As i mentioned we need to finance it. Kubota seems to have 0% financing for 60 months. Kioti is 5.5% interest financing for 60 months. (Unless you don't take the free FEL option)

So figuring at the $20k mark .. that's $333.33/mo @ 0% ($20,000) and $382.02/mo @ 5.5% ($22,921.2)

I was thinking with the Kubota 0% financing I may wanna get a quote on a L3800 or a Grand L40 - L3540 as wouldn't those be a more apples-to-apples comparison to the CK35HST?

GManBart ... I've never heard of a LS Brand tractor? it looks like there is one dealer by me and it's about an hour and a half away.

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #15  
Appreciate all the feedback everyone! -- thank you.

Something else I have to factor in.. As i mentioned we need to finance it. Kubota seems to have 0% financing for 60 months. Kioti is 5.5% interest financing for 60 months. (Unless you don't take the free FEL option)

So figuring at the $20k mark .. that's $333.33/mo @ 0% ($20,000) and $382.02/mo @ 5.5% ($22,921.2)

I was thinking with the Kubota 0% financing I may wanna get a quote on a L3800 or a Grand L40 - L3540 as wouldn't those be a more apples-to-apples comparison to the CK35HST?

GManBart ... I've never heard of a LS Brand tractor? it looks like there is one dealer by me and it's about an hour and a half away.

Good idea to compare financing. Right now you can beat Kioti's finance rate by going with AgDirect, as it looks like they're 3-5 year rates vary from 3.3-3.7%, so that would make up some of the difference if you decide to go that route.

The world of who makes what in tractors right now is pretty complex! Daedong is Kioti's parent company in South Korea. They make tractors sold under a couple of different names, with Kioti being their own "house brand." In a similar fashion, LS makes tractors for a number of companies (New Holland, and Case) and in 2009 started selling under their own name here. LS is a spinoff of LG, the electronics company, and is owned by the same family...they have a pretty good breakdown of their history on their website. They also just started offering 0% financing as well....unfortunately, after I bought mine!

Right now, Kioti and LS offer the best bang for the buck (my opinion anyway) going. If you compare apples-to-apples, feature to feature, nobody can touch their prices. If TBN owners are roughly representative of what's out there in the world, it would seem both brands are doing well from at least initial quality standards (not likely to find either brand with many thousands of hours on them at this point).

The L3540 is definitely a closer matchup to the CK35, but it's actually a bit larger (5"+ in wheelbase), and a couple hundred pounds heavier. The big difference there is you're looking at a big jump in 3pt lift capability (about 1,000lbs more), so it's obviously meant for more serious work with ground engaging implements etc. The curious thing is that the FEL has about 300lbs more lift capacity than the CK35, but still 900lbs less than the LS, which I don't get, as it's larger, and heavier. There is one plus to having a lower FEL capacity...it's hard to do something really dumb with it! Once you get into the Grand L series, it opens up a whole bunch of new comparisons, since you can get the HST+ transmission, which (my opinion anyway) is the biggest positive for going with a Grand L. There are some other nice features as well that go along with the Grand L series, but the tranny is definitely at the top of the list. I think you're going to find a significant jump in price...whether it's worth it will be for you to decide.

If you decide to seriously consider a Grand L, you might as well compare a few other brands, because you're into a price point where something like a Massey Ferguson 1600 (outgoing) or 1700 (incoming) series will fit into the budget....really nice machines as well. You'd also be able to look at a number of Mahindras (heavy for their size, but powerful loaders, and solid machines), and probably Yanmar as well. I'd skip Case and New Holland, as you can buy the same machine from LS for a lot less money. Looking at a comparable Deere will usually bump up the price point a bit, but you can't argue with their track record.

Yes, I know, that didn't help, and it only makes things harder, but the good thing is any singe one of those companies makes a machine that will do anything you want for many years.

The most important thing is for you to get some seat time in the models you're thinking about, and see how they feel to you. Things that bother you might not bother someone else at all, and that's what will make the difference in how happy you are with your purchase. I will say if you figure out what size machine seems perfect, buy one size larger....they shrink at home, and your list of tasks with them almost always seems to grow after you get some seat time.

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power?
I found a dealer who was about 2 hours away from me who happened to still have a NEW 2012 Model Kioti CK30HST .. I got it for $16,895.00 (before tax) with the FEL. I couldn't pass it up as I was looking at the 2013 model (which to my knowledge is exactly the same) but it was at $18260 with FEL. I contacted AgDirect.com and got 3.7% financing for 60 month loan ... (Thanks for the recommendation GManBart!) I was going back and forth between CK35HST and CK30HST ... but when I was able to find this NEW 2012 model, I couldn't pass up the savings... Everything is approved and good to go, just waiting on some final paperwork from AgDirect, and I'll work on getting the Tractor home. :) -- EXCITED!

Question for you guys, i have about a 150-200ft driveway that I will need to plow .. is it best to look at a box blade, or a 72" rear blade for that?

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #17  
I found a dealer who was about 2 hours away from me who happened to still have a NEW 2012 Model Kioti CK30HST .. I got it for $16,895.00 (before tax) with the FEL. I couldn't pass it up as I was looking at the 2013 model (which to my knowledge is exactly the same) but it was at $18260 with FEL. I contacted AgDirect.com and got 3.7% financing for 60 month loan ... (Thanks for the recommendation GManBart!) I was going back and forth between CK35HST and CK30HST ... but when I was able to find this NEW 2012 model, I couldn't pass up the savings... Everything is approved and good to go, just waiting on some final paperwork from AgDirect, and I'll work on getting the Tractor home. :) -- EXCITED!

Question for you guys, i have about a 150-200ft driveway that I will need to plow .. is it best to look at a box blade, or a 72" rear blade for that?

Very cool....we'll need pics, of course! My neighbor has a CK30 and loves it. He parks his car outside, and the Kioti in his garage :)

A box blade won't do much for moving snow, so you either want a back blade, or a plow blade for your FEL. It really depends on how much snow you tend to get. Seeing how you're just west of Chicago, I can imagine you get some decent snowfalls there. There are long threads, and much debate on what works best for moving snow. Probably the overall "best" is a front mounted snow thrower, but they're expensive, can't be used for anything else, and not all machines are set up to use them. The nice thing is that they get the snow out of the way, so you don't wind up with big berms of snow on the sides of your driveway like you will with a plow or scrape blade after repeated snowfalls. The second best is probably a rear-mount blower (they have both push, and pull style)....also pretty expensive. After that you have plow blades that attach to your FEL SSQA (both manual adjust, and hydraulic adjust are available) and rear scrape blades. A manual adjust plow blade for your FEL will run ballpark $2K from places like Everything Attachments. They're nice because they'll push deeper snow a bit better than a rear blade, and you can see where you're going, but they don't work as well on uneven surfaces. The scrape blade is the simplest, cheapest, and has an advantage in that it can be used to move dirt as well as snow, and it works well on uneven surfaces that will cause a plow blade to dig in, and trip the springs.

I have a plow on my truck, and use my new EA 8' XTreme blade for pulling the snow away from my garage, around my barn (rough ground since just finished building it, and haven't poured any concrete aprons) and when we get smaller snowfalls. If I didn't have the plow on my truck, I probably would have considered a snow thrower, or a plow for the FEL.

For your Kioti, I would consider a 7' blade rather than a 6' blade. You machine is roughly 55" wide according to the specs, and when you angle a 72" blade 30* to either side, it's effective width is 62", so you only have a couple of inches of blade extending outside the tire tracks. An 84" blade would be effectively 73", and give you 9" or so on either side of the tire tracks. If you get a blade that offers offset, you can use that to extend the reach outside the tire tracks, so a 72" blade would be a good fit there. There might be a thread in the Kioti section on scrape blades to see what other folks are using on their CKs...worth looking/asking.

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #18  
Might want to look at a Mahindra 3016, the lift on the FEL at the pins is about 1650lbs. Even more then the kioti ck35 or the dk35, according to tractordata.

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #19  

I was looking at AgDirect as well so tell me about your experience with them. If you got a 5 yr for 3.7%, what did your APR interest rate ended up being?

/ Kioti CK35HST vs. Kubota B3200 and L3200 types - Price and power? #20  
You made a good decision going w/ a Kioti. More tractor than a comparable Kubota. Who is AgDirect through? Did you do it yourself or did it have to go through the dealer?