Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    839
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    I found it very interesting that the Massey came in at a price comparable to the Kioti. When I was looking in early 2012, the Massey was as much as the kubota, otherwise I might have one. Are you sure they included the cab in that price?

  2. #12
    Elite Member TSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,752
    Location
    SouthEast Michigan
    Tractor
    Massey 1652 HST Cab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWannabe View Post
    I found it very interesting that the Massey came in at a price comparable to the Kioti. When I was looking in early 2012, the Massey was as much as the kubota, otherwise I might have one. Are you sure they included the cab in that price?
    Yes. It's a leftover. One of the few left available. Dealer was very friendly and seemed willing to deal. It's not particularly close to me tho, probably 8+ hrs away. My local Kioti dealer also sells Massey. He can't get near a remaining Massey cab. I like the Massey and the price is very fair.

    I still don't know if I'm going to upgrade, but if I was, the Massey would definitely be high on my list.
    Massey 1652 HSTC - TEREX PT70 CTL
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR
    - JD Gator 620i
    Stump Bucket * 60" Tine Bucket * 60" HD Grapple Bucket * 68" 4-in-1 Bucket * 72" GP Bucket * 72" Rock Bucket
    90" Hi-Cap Bucket * QA Forks * QA Tree-Puller * 96" HD BackBlade * 84" Dual-Grader * 84" BoxBlade * 84" Rake
    78" Box Disc * 72" LP Seeder * 3pt StumpGrinder * 3pt Chipper * 96" Ford Flail * ATI Pre-Seeder 805


  3. #13
    Veteran Member milkman636's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,176
    Location
    Palm of the Right Hand
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Yes. It's a leftover. One of the few left available. Dealer was very friendly and seemed willing to deal. It's not particularly close to me tho, probably 8+ hrs away. My local Kioti dealer also sells Massey. He can't get near a remaining Massey cab. I like the Massey and the price is very fair.

    I still don't know if I'm going to upgrade, but if I was, the Massey would definitely be high on my list.
    After clearing snow twice in that last storm those cabs are making alot of sense right now. On the zero degree Monday with 30 mph winds both my tractor and I were coated in an inch of snow when I pulled into the barn. Even the parking brake locking mechanism iced up and needed some coercion to work. I've been browsing cabbed tractors lately, which I never thought I would do.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

    "...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

  4. #14
    Elite Member TSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,752
    Location
    SouthEast Michigan
    Tractor
    Massey 1652 HST Cab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milkman636 View Post

    After clearing snow twice in that last storm those cabs are making alot of sense right now. On the zero degree Monday with 30 mph winds both my tractor and I were coated in an inch of snow when I pulled into the barn. Even the parking brake locking mechanism iced up and needed some coercion to work. I've been browsing cabbed tractors lately, which I never thought I would do.
    Exactly, me neither. If my buddy didn't have a dang cab on his L3540 then I probably wouldn't know any better. His comments about being too warm in his cab so that he had to vent the windows and take off his coat ... while antagonizing, make a cab in this cold weather seem like a good idea.
    Massey 1652 HSTC - TEREX PT70 CTL
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR
    - JD Gator 620i
    Stump Bucket * 60" Tine Bucket * 60" HD Grapple Bucket * 68" 4-in-1 Bucket * 72" GP Bucket * 72" Rock Bucket
    90" Hi-Cap Bucket * QA Forks * QA Tree-Puller * 96" HD BackBlade * 84" Dual-Grader * 84" BoxBlade * 84" Rake
    78" Box Disc * 72" LP Seeder * 3pt StumpGrinder * 3pt Chipper * 96" Ford Flail * ATI Pre-Seeder 805


  5. #15
    Veteran Member milkman636's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,176
    Location
    Palm of the Right Hand
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Exactly, me neither. If my buddy didn't have a dang cab on his L3540 then I probably wouldn't know any better. His comments about being too warm in his cab so that he had to vent the windows and take off his coat ... while antagonizing, make a cab in this cold weather seem like a good idea.
    Whatever you do, don't buy the same brand. You wouldn't be able to do a cab vs. cab thread.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

    "...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

  6. #16
    Super Member grsthegreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,847
    Location
    north idaho
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    tell you what... no matter which brand you get, youll never regret a cab.

    Its 28 and blowing ice today here, and i was in heated cab moving manure pile. with stereo going.

    Man, why the heck did i wait so long to upgrade to a cab
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,042
    Location
    Eastland Co, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    Good comparisons. I would give the T-3's an advantage.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Mike476's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,080
    Location
    Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    MF 135 Z134 Continental, MF 1660 Cab

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Exactly, me neither. If my buddy didn't have a dang cab on his L3540 then I probably wouldn't know any better. His comments about being too warm in his cab so that he had to vent the windows and take off his coat ... while antagonizing, make a cab in this cold weather seem like a good idea.
    Exactly where I was two years ago, after 10--11 years of plowing on my 135 it got tiring pretty quick. There is something to be said for listening to music in a shirt sipping a favorite beverage while moving mountains of snow. Sure takes the work out of it. Took a liitle over a year of comparison shopping but I have to say, no regrets.

    I'm keeping my 135 though, that little beast will turn on a dime in the woods and haul logs like there's no tomorrow.
    Mike

    1969 MF 135 Z134 Continental
    2013 MF 1660 Cab Dyna QPS with FEL

  9. #19
    Silver Member yukonhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    118
    Location
    leroy ny
    Tractor
    Jd 4066 r485a backhoe woods bb720x land pride disc and reverse tiller

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    I got my jd 4520 hst with fel and backhoe for 42080 out the door...so i guess I got a decent deal

  10. #20
    Elite Member TSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,752
    Location
    SouthEast Michigan
    Tractor
    Massey 1652 HST Cab

    Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhunter View Post
    I got my jd 4520 hst with fel and backhoe for 42080 out the door...so i guess I got a decent deal
    Ouch! As stated, all the prices I posted were for CAB tractors ... what would JD have gotten you for had you bought a CAB ?
    Massey 1652 HSTC - TEREX PT70 CTL
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR
    - JD Gator 620i
    Stump Bucket * 60" Tine Bucket * 60" HD Grapple Bucket * 68" 4-in-1 Bucket * 72" GP Bucket * 72" Rock Bucket
    90" Hi-Cap Bucket * QA Forks * QA Tree-Puller * 96" HD BackBlade * 84" Dual-Grader * 84" BoxBlade * 84" Rake
    78" Box Disc * 72" LP Seeder * 3pt StumpGrinder * 3pt Chipper * 96" Ford Flail * ATI Pre-Seeder 805


Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comparing apples to apples
    By amashinga in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
  2. Farmtrac 4008 BH- apples to apples Woods model?
    By Slacker in forum Attachments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
  3. apples to apples?
    By snal in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
  4. Am I comparing apples to apples?
    By rfmr in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:14 PM
  5. TC40 & JD3720 apples to apples?
    By Slippy in forum New Holland Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.