Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

I found it very interesting that the Massey came in at a price comparable to the Kioti. When I was looking in early 2012, the Massey was as much as the kubota, otherwise I might have one. Are you sure they included the cab in that price?

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWannabe View Post
    I found it very interesting that the Massey came in at a price comparable to the Kioti. When I was looking in early 2012, the Massey was as much as the kubota, otherwise I might have one. Are you sure they included the cab in that price?
    Yes. It's a leftover. One of the few left available. Dealer was very friendly and seemed willing to deal. It's not particularly close to me tho, probably 8+ hrs away. My local Kioti dealer also sells Massey. He can't get near a remaining Massey cab. I like the Massey and the price is very fair.

I still don't know if I'm going to upgrade, but if I was, the Massey would definitely be high on my list.
    Massey 1648 HST Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA Western snow plow

393 hrs @ 12/30/14

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

Default Re: APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Yes. It's a leftover. One of the few left available. Dealer was very friendly and seemed willing to deal. It's not particularly close to me tho, probably 8+ hrs away. My local Kioti dealer also sells Massey. He can't get near a remaining Massey cab. I like the Massey and the price is very fair.

I still don't know if I'm going to upgrade, but if I was, the Massey would definitely be high on my list.
    After clearing snow twice in that last storm those cabs are making alot of sense right now. On the zero degree Monday with 30 mph winds both my tractor and I were coated in an inch of snow when I pulled into the barn. Even the parking brake locking mechanism iced up and needed some coercion to work. I've been browsing cabbed tractors lately, which I never thought I would do.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by milkman636 View Post

After clearing snow twice in that last storm those cabs are making alot of sense right now. On the zero degree Monday with 30 mph winds both my tractor and I were coated in an inch of snow when I pulled into the barn. Even the parking brake locking mechanism iced up and needed some coercion to work. I've been browsing cabbed tractors lately, which I never thought I would do.
    Exactly, me neither. If my buddy didn't have a dang cab on his L3540 then I probably wouldn't know any better. His comments about being too warm in his cab so that he had to vent the windows and take off his coat ... while antagonizing, make a cab in this cold weather seem like a good idea.
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower

393 hrs @ 12/30/14

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

Exactly, me neither. If my buddy didn't have a dang cab on his L3540 then I probably wouldn't know any better. His comments about being too warm in his cab so that he had to vent the windows and take off his coat ... while antagonizing, make a cab in this cold weather seem like a good idea.
    Whatever you do, don't buy the same brand. You wouldn't be able to do a cab vs. cab thread.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

tell you what... no matter which brand you get, youll never regret a cab.

Its 28 and blowing ice today here, and i was in heated cab moving manure pile. with stereo going.

Man, why the heck did i wait so long to upgrade to a cab
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC

Good comparisons. I would give the T-3's an advantage.

Tractor
    MF 135 Z134 Continental, MF 1660 Cab

Exactly where I was two years ago, after 10--11 years of plowing on my 135 it got tiring pretty quick. There is something to be said for listening to music in a shirt sipping a favorite beverage while moving mountains of snow. Sure takes the work out of it. Took a liitle over a year of comparison shopping but I have to say, no regrets.

I'm keeping my 135 though, that little beast will turn on a dime in the woods and haul logs like there's no tomorrow.
    Mike

1969 MF 135 Z134 Continental
    2013 MF 1660 Cab Dyna QPS with FEL

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 hstw485 backhoe woods bb720x land pride disc and reverse tiller

I got my jd 4520 hst with fel and backhoe for 42080 out the door...so i guess I got a decent deal

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by yukonhunter View Post
    I got my jd 4520 hst with fel and backhoe for 42080 out the door...so i guess I got a decent deal
    Ouch! As stated, all the prices I posted were for CAB tractors ... what would JD have gotten you for had you bought a CAB ?

393 hrs @ 12/30/14

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast