APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
I spent a few hours reading up on all the different specs that I could find, both from the manufacturers sites, and filling in the gaps from dealer sites, manuals, pdf's, etc. I've been considering upgrading to a cab, so I figured it was in my interest to find the facts about each tractor... and I figured some of you may be interested as well.

My GOAL was to find/compare ONLY HST models with the most loader capacity.

NOTE(s):

• TYM makes the Mahindra 5010 (the 5010 is a more stripped down version of the T503, with a Mah loader).
  • I did not include the JD 4320 (which was the closest competitor I could find available) ... The closest one I found was out of state, and was $7000 + higher than all the others listed, and spec'd well below the others enough so that it wasn't worth considering.
  • I included a Kioti DK45se and NOT the DK50se because the DK50 was harder to find, my dealer has a 45 in stock, AND the only difference was approx 2 PTO HP ... yet the cost was several thousand higher.
  • There are 3 Kub's listed, because my local dealer had both a 4240 & 5740 in stock... as well as a new 4760... and wanted to give me prices on all 3 since they use the same loader.
  • These were the prices I was given with only slight "negotiating" and reflect either the dealer's 0% financing, or a cash price getting my own financing. (Kubota's 0% was 60 mos, Mahindra's was 84 mos).
  • Prices of the Kubota's included ADDING 1 set of rear remotes (to compare to the other tractors). Massey automatically adds a rear remote with the cab package.
  • Prices of the Kubota's also included SSQA, which was an option for Kubota, but standard on all others.
  • Case / New Holland were not included as LS makes the comparable series
  • McCormick not included because Daedong (Kioti) makes the comparable series

Enjoy ...

Attachments

• 100_1571.jpg
    100_1571.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 577
   / APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #2  
How much you got to spend? How high do you really need to lift? and weight?

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #3  
Well they seem to run pretty close to each other with some being better in some area and others better in others. I am just discouraged with the new Shibaura engine in the LS it seems like its not what the Mitsubishi was. It's probably just because I own a Mitsubishi engine tractor but every time I look at the numbers I get the same feeling.

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)
I agree, I would have liked to see more HP too, but in reality, I doubt the couple extra PTO HP difference between the models will matter much to 90% of CUT users. It's also clear that LS has the weakest hydraulic flow, as well as the shortest reaching loader. I don't notice that I've ever had an issue with the hydraulic flow, but there have been several times when I ran out of loader height, especially when making brush piles with the grapple. It's not the loader height that's the issue, it's the dump clearance.

The Mahindra loader clearly out shines the others in the group. But, the lack of expendable lift arms is really baffling, not even an option.

What surprised me when doing the research was TYM. They have the best warranty, good power, good loader specs, and good value. They also have some features built in that I wasn't aware of previously... which are somewhat similar to the HST+ from Kubota. You can adjust the HST sensitivity with a mode button. There is also a load sensing mode button that looks to act like a stall guard.

Massey & Kubota both have an "auto throttle" ... where depressing the forward or reverse hydro pedals also increase RPM's to match the speed. I'm not sure if that's the official name of the system, but you get the idea. I really like that feature, I would like to see that on all the models eventually.

But surprisingly, kubota and Massey also have the worst warranties of the bunch.

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #5  
   / APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #6  
Dude, are you TRYING to talk yourself into yet ANOTHER upgrade? LOL. Thanks for the work and spread sheet. Very informative. B.

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #7  
The TYM PTO HP loss of 13 is just mind boggling. How could they have such an HP loss when the others are averaging an 11 or even 7-8 HP loss? That IS something I am keeping an eye out for as I evaluate a future purchase. I loved the thought of the LS, but I am back to looking at the Mahindra again. That and the sheer power of the Mahindra/Braddco backhoe. B.

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET)
Dude, are you TRYING to talk yourself into yet ANOTHER upgrade? LOL. Thanks for the work and spread sheet. Very informative. B.

It was actually my wife who recognized, as I spent a few hours plowing my driveway, the neighbors, the sub, in that bitter blowing cold a couple weeks ago ... that a cab might be nice. She's given me the green light IF I want it ;-)

I don't know if I can actually justify the added cost though. I like my tractor and it's been extremely reliable so far. I think if I had my "version 2" home made cab made, and was shielded from the wind & snow, it wouldn't be an issue.

I figure that one I'm done building the actual cab, I'll have well over $1k into it, yet not anywhere as complete or refined as a factory cab.

So, I figured what the heck ... Might as well put together another objective comparison on what's available out there. I like factual comparisons ... so even if I end up NOT getting a new rig, it's still good info to have.

/ APPLES to APPLES - comparisons between Cab HST models around 50 HP (SPREADSHEET) #9  
spreadsheets are interesting and all, but nothing replaces getting in the seat and actually operating each model. Make sure you shopping experience includes as much seat time as you can get.

spreadsheets are interesting and all, but nothing replaces getting in the seat and actually operating each model. Make sure you shopping experience includes as much seat time as you can get.

Very true ... but coupled with that, it's important to know which tractors will have the capabilities you need or want. Messick, when will you be getting in the new Boomer line? I know you don't like the LS tractors, but are you still planning on selling them?