Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2013 Kubota L3200

Default Re: JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200

@ K0ua - The loaders specs are the same as the kubota according to the dealership. I did not verify but it was about $1k less and it was the only L3200 on the lot with a loader ready to go. Going to move some logs at my pops house this weekend we shall see how it handles the Sycamore trees.
    All my research on the LS says that they are awesome tractors and that the price keeps creeping up each year do to the growing popularity. I get to run a rather large Deere this weekend also...backhoe with a thumb looking thing that helps you pick up trees and such. That bucket is big enough to transport my Kubota around the 10 acres.
    Any advice on removing a lot full of evergreen trees roots and all? Someone told me to wrap a rope around it 3 times and hook it to the draw bar. Pulling it is suposed to "twist" the tree and pull up the roots and all. Supposedly they are all surface roots? Any ideas?

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by krobertson View Post
    @ K0ua - The loaders specs are the same as the kubota according to the dealership. I did not verify but it was about $1k less and it was the only L3200 on the lot with a loader ready to go. Going to move some logs at my pops house this weekend we shall see how it handles the Sycamore trees.
    All my research on the LS says that they are awesome tractors and that the price keeps creeping up each year do to the growing popularity. I get to run a rather large Deere this weekend also...backhoe with a thumb looking thing that helps you pick up trees and such. That bucket is big enough to transport my Kubota around the 10 acres.
    Any advice on removing a lot full of evergreen trees roots and all? Someone told me to wrap a rope around it 3 times and hook it to the draw bar. Pulling it is suposed to "twist" the tree and pull up the roots and all. Supposedly they are all surface roots? Any ideas?
    Get a Ripper for your Backhoe.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Actually the specs on the Ansung loader are just a bit better than the Kubota loader.

How tall and how big is the trunk of your cedar trees?
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    2013 Kubota L3200

They are actually not Cedar I wish they were I would get them milled. They are just plan old evergreens...Florida ugly's! Base is hard to tell because they branch off. Going to have to cut my way into it. I would say about 10" diameter.
    The back hoe is not at this 1 acre lot I own ugh!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

They are actually not Cedar I wish they were I would get them milled. They are just plan old evergreens...Florida ugly's! Base is hard to tell because they branch off. Going to have to cut my way into it. I would say about 10" diameter.
    The back hoe is not at this 1 acre lot I own ugh!
    Well if they are something fairly small, you can likely just push them out with the loader. Or wrap a chain around them and pull them out.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    John Deere 3038e John Deere X540

I have one of these and it works great with a really long chain so the tree does not fall on you. I use 2 chains most of the time. You can pull the tree and most of the root ball up. I will get a full bucket of water from the pond and pour it on the base of the tree if the ground is dry in an effort to loosen the soil.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001TK...ef=pd_aw_sbs_1
    There is nothing left that will eat it so I have to cut it.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by LazyHRanch View Post
    I have one of these and it works great with a really long chain so the tree does not fall on you. I use 2 chains most of the time. You can pull the tree and most of the root ball up. I will get a full bucket of water from the pond and pour it on the base of the tree if the ground is dry in an effort to loosen the soil.

BAC Industries BG-11 Brush Grubber Xtreme:Amazon:Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Sounds like that would work
    James KUA

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3032e,Snapper Pro SW20 and s200, Stihl Handhelds, BCS 830, Yamaha Rhino 700, 2 - Gravely 5260, New Holland LS 45 , 6,10 by 14 Trailer , Woods BH 6000 Towable Backhoe, Honda 21 Self Propelled, Exmark Commercial 21and shop full of tools

I believe with a little more marketing that LS can be as big as Mahindra in a few years.

Tractor
    L4400

I don't know about comparing JD to kubota, but we used an old 1979 40 horse Ford on out farm(and still do). We bought a 40 horse Kubota and found out it is too light weight to do the things the say it can do. Very scary tractor. Must have weight on back or front the do any type of lifting. I would not recommend a Kubota to anyone.

Tractor
    JD, NH, Kubota, Case, MF

Professional farmer here and have yet to see anyone farming with a kubota. Seems like it's mostly landscapers who use them.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast