JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #111  
Professional farmer here and have yet to see anyone farming with a Kubota. Seems like it's mostly landscapers who use them.

I'm not a professional Farmer, but I agree, have yet to see a Kubota, Kioti, Mahindra or LS in the field. Mostly JD around here.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #112  
I don't know about comparing JD to Kubota, but we used an old 1979 40 horse Ford on out farm(and still do). We bought a 40 horse Kubota and found out it is too light weight to do the things the say it can do. Very scary tractor. Must have weight on back or front the do any type of lifting. I would not recommend a Kubota to anyone.
This is in no way limited to Kubota. That is a compact utility sized tractor.
Compact utility tractors from ALL modern brands need to have the proper ballast for safe/stable lifting.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #113  
I would agree all large farms use JD or New Holland from what I have seen. BUT if you look at all the road crews in North Florida they are almost ALL 100% Kubota. Sub-Compact and Compact tractors are not as popular in the large farm industry from what I can see. With that being said a M series Utility Kubota is 3770lbs. A JD 5045e Utility Tractor is 5070. Heck ya it has more weight. JD has more of the large tractor day to day world no doubt in anyone's mind. Yes their are other beast models out their but JD is most popular by far it seems. Get to the 118hp M126GX Kubota and your looking at 10,300+ lbs. The JD5115M with 115hp is 9,000 lbs even. We could do this all day with just those two...never mind all the others. Then you have the big boys...CAT and such. You do not see JD running around in the logging industry much do you?

This thread was about two Compact Utility tractors that do not really match up in a compression. I said it before...to compare you have to get to the big boys like above. That is when it is more apples to apples not apples to oranges.

That 1979 Ford is probably a lot les power to the ground than the Kubota but I bet it weighs a lot more...just guessing! Maybe that is why it was scary? :) Either way drive all of them and find the one you like. I think each dealer should have a playing field with dirt and hay and such to try out a tractor. Of coarse they would need a demo line up to do so. But that would really give us a way to do more then test drive in a lot. I want to dig and fill and lift. With that said so far with my mower on the back and 3/4 water in the rear tires...this weekend was a huge test for my tractor. One tree I moved was about 2k lbs and it went right where I pointed it. 4wd low gear with the rear locked. Did I spin some...sure...but heck the tractor didn't weigh much more than the tree. I am pleased with my L3200 to date! And you can hardly tell I was there when the day ended.

Just incase anyone wants to know 10hrs in and barely a 1/4 tank burnt...much more time moving at 2k+ than idling that is for sure.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #114  
When did we start talking about compression? :laughing:

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #115  
Professional farmer here and have yet to see anyone farming with a Kubota. Seems like it's mostly landscapers who use them.

Well, if by "professional farmer" you mean someone who makes most of their income farming, I qualify. I fill out my schedule F every year. And I have a Kubota in the field. Now, I'm not farming 1000 acres, or even 100. Actually just over 1, but we grow premium vegetables for the local wholesale market. Lots of kubota's in that area of farming. And anyone who says that kind of farming doesn't count needs to change their definition of farming. Actually my neighbor down the road who has a cow/calf operation just bought a new kubota last year. You are right, however in that Kubota pretty much only makes Utility tractors (and CUTs and SCUTs). The big ag is not done with utility tractors these days. Most farmers I know are buying up old iron, often for more than it cost new, to use in the field. I certainly don't envy the big guys sitting down in the banker's office working up loan paperwork for a 400hp track machine.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #116  
I like #2

farm·er
[fahr-mer] Show IPA
noun
a person who farms; person who operates a farm or cultivates land.
an unsophisticated person from a rural area; yokel.
a person who undertakes some service, as the care of children or the poor, at a fixed price.
a person who undertakes the collection of taxes, duties, etc., paying a fixed sum for the privilege of retaining them.
Cards.
a.
a variety of twenty-one played with a 45-card pack, the object being to obtain cards having a total worth of 16.
b.
the dealer in this game.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #117  
I like #2

farmキer
[fahr-mer] Show IPA
noun
a person who farms; person who operates a farm or cultivates land.
an unsophisticated person from a rural area; yokel.
a person who undertakes some service, as the care of children or the poor, at a fixed price.
a person who undertakes the collection of taxes, duties, etc., paying a fixed sum for the privilege of retaining them.
Cards.
a.
a variety of twenty-one played with a 45-card pack, the object being to obtain cards having a total worth of 16.
b.
the dealer in this game.

Without a doubt, by the #2 definition. I am a farmer.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #118  
Without a doubt, by the #2 definition. I am a farmer.

In that case, welcome to the club. We call it "scratching in the dirt for a living". Sure beats the heck out of florescent lights in a cubicle, though.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #119  
Lol, I guess I fall under the first two

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #120  
In that case, welcome to the club. We call it "scratching in the dirt for a living". Sure beats the heck out of florescent lights in a cubicle, though.

For me the florescent lights in the cube pay for my farming habit.